Cuddle Time! Vs Tidal Wave

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Cuddle Time! Vs Tidal Wave

Post by Venice Queen » Sat May 25, 2019 8:27 pm

CT!: Speed: 7 / Traction: 6 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 7 (5 clamp/5 lifter) / Armor: 9 (+2 front), forks on

Tidal Wave: Speed: 5 / Traction: 4 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 14 / Armour: 6, I'm assuming shields off

I've proven in my match vs Shade Fist that these claws are brutally effective at taking out drums: if I play the spinner killer and keep the forks pointed at him, their shape and 13 armor will stonewall him the whole match. The big if of this match is one of shape: Tidal Wave is thinner and somewhat taller than a black dog clone, so I need to be as precise and as careful as possible in order to ensure that I always do end up getting under him: he should still fit vertically, and his drum should still be wider than the outsides of the forks, but the margins are smaller, so I have to be precise. Bright side: tidal wave is slower than Shade fist, and poorly invertable.

general plan here is to abuse the arena. my biggest problem vs Shade Fist was space: cramped arena, fast opponent. Vertigo is GIGANTIC, and full of flippers. I will definitely have space to run away and then self right if I need to, and I can be constantly feeding Tidal Wave to the floor flippers instead of trying to lift him by his drum with long forks in order to leave him inverted and impotent. Be aggressive enough to prevent him from getting free spin-up time, but otherwise play it with care - make sure shots are lined up nicely, and be willing to be patient and let him wear down his weapon speed against my armor until I can clamp him. Once I have him inverted via flipper, stay on him. IDK how well he can spin upside-down, but at the very least he doesn't have wedgelets so its free real estate: don't let him get right side up.

be EXTREMELY vigilant for his angling in attempts that are definitely going to happen: bait them with fake engages (stutter engage occasionally: dart forewards, stop, then restart to bait him into angling and then get him at an angle), counter- angle, engage at less than full speed for more reaction time if I need to.

if I ever get under him and his spinner is still going, don't clamp like a moron: I can play things as a lifterbot too, and if I'm under his side he can't really rotate his spinner into my body because of the shape of his bot (and if his side shields are on he'll be stranded so it's even easier).

if he ever gets around my front and I can't swing the forks around in time somehow, my ass wedge is more or less just there to be ablative armor (and hey it's hinged so it might fly off instead of getting me flipped. not sure if that's better or worse, but I can be prepared to capitalize on either situation at least - maybe he'll be surprised :V ).

OOTA him at the 2:00 mark. try and set up the timing right such that I can have him clamped at like, 1:50/55ish.

GL

Hiicantpk

Re: Cuddle Time! Vs Tidal Wave

Post by Hiicantpk » Sat May 25, 2019 10:06 pm

Shields Off

Alright, so whats that 13 armour forks and 7 armour on the rest of the bot? I can work with that. I can do 1 damage to their forks but I have +7 on their body/everything else, so I can potentially be doing some pretty good shock damage with hits.

Keep pointed at Cuddle time and move out slowly. Those forks are pretty beefy but they can press so it'd be risky to try to out-wedge them with my 2wd body wedge. Then again, its possible my bot may be wide enough to fit around the forks.

Anyways. Face them and reverse/j-hook if they try to angle in. If they try to lift me from the front, there isn't really much for the top parts of the clamp to grasp so I'll likely just fall off backwards, and when my wheels hit the ground, turn and try my best to get off the wedge and shove my drum into their front corner. If somehow I get under, I should knock them upwards pretty hard, and while they're self-righting (because I think the lifter is higher on his bot than the wheels poke out the top), go for a followup shot and make it hurt.

With the walls up they can't OOTA me, and I'm hoping the match ends before the 2 minute mark. After that I'll have to play more defensive and try to position myself facing them with as much distance behind me to the wall as possible.

GL Gabe
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57