CBC3 MW Quarterfinals: (2) Chronic Jobber vs (7) I Suck at Names

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hiicantpk

CBC3 MW Quarterfinals: (2) Chronic Jobber vs (7) I Suck at Names

Post by Hiicantpk » Fri May 24, 2019 11:09 pm

Chronic JobberI Suck at Names
Speed: 4Speed: 4
Traction: 2Traction: 3 (+1 treads bonus)
Torque: 1Torque: 1
Weapon: 16Weapon: 16 (15 Spinner 1 Lifter)
Armour: 7Armour: 6
Bar spinner, starting undercutter.

Going with the bar spinner, gives them less surface area to potentially hit and uppercut. It is also very likely that ISAN will use the side of the weapon without the long prongs, as using the longer wedge side of the lifter is asking for me to fuck up their weapon, so the most likely impact in this match is going to be weapon-to-weapon which I should win out with 16 weapon to 10 weapon armour vs 15 weapon to 11 weapon armour.

I also question how strong that lifter is to absorb the impacts of a 15 weapon spinner so far up front. I wonder if impacts could forcibly be pushed back by the recoil and screw up some internals.

Make sure I am fully spun up before moving from my starting area. This delay will also show a bit of ISAN's strategy. If they're camping I can approach carefully around the mid-outside (not at the walls but not on the inner rings). If they're rushing at me however, go out to meet them aggressively. They don't have the speed or that much more control to be able to out-drive me so head right at them with my weapon. They will either have to take a nasty weapon-to-weapon hit that risks bending something important and disabling the weapon or turn away, which will cause them to miss me with their weapon as my bar tears into their front corner.

After the initial impact there should be some damage one way or another. Make sure I'm fully spun up and pointed at ISAN before I go back on the aggressive. The impacts should throw both bots far enough apart that I will have time to spin back up before they can pounce.

If both weapons break, swap to using my rear wedge to ram ISAN. It won't do any damage, but theres a small change I could get under and idk do something

GL
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: CBC3 MW Quarterfinals: (2) Chronic Jobber vs (7) I Suck at Names

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sun May 26, 2019 2:03 am

Yeah so da monsterworks did allow me to RP late cuz reasons.
Main config BTW (actual RP starts bellow this line)

>We both have 4 speed and 1 torque, no flanking happening.
>I have way better control.
>I get rekt if i try a normal weapon to weapon fight, at full speed 4 vs 8 weapon to weapon damage and 8 vs 10 anywhere else
>My bar is bigger than his disk or bar.
>I have a lifting arm, expect me to use it.

Start facing forwards (no wedge side), spin downwards, face him at all times and only allow contact when my weapon is at full speed.
He can run his bot as an undercutter or a overcutter.

If he chooses undercutter i will then rise my lifter so the tip of the spinner goes above his weapon, i want to hit him right in the part close to the weapon mount. This is where my bot's ridiculous design kicks in, my weapon is gigantic and is mounted in front of my bot while his bot has a more reasonable sided spinner in a compact chasis. Long story short i should hit his weapon mount before he hits my chasis. I may lower the lifter to force a hit, do that early so i hit the top of his weapon if i can't reach the frame.

But if he goes for an overhead i will lift my thing farther up, getting it completely above Jobber but not far away, then when he we get close enough i will bring my lifter down to hit the very top of his spinner with my own.

In any of those cases a few thing will happen, if i go for his spinner i will hit it from above around the center, instead of the tip. This reduces the effective KE of his weapon and negates the bite that it has, potentially he might not be able to catch my weapon at all. In the hopeful case that i hit his frame i will only face 7 armor, so no good for him.
And you may realize that i said to spin downwards, meaning the recoil will also send me up. This might actually help to throw me away and after a hit as i want to run away until i am under control and fully spun up. Landing is luck based but there are 3 escenarios ordered by chance:
Likely i land on my back, EZ to self right while spinning up and possibly even driving away in part of my threads.
I land the right way up.
My spinner hits the ground, if it has any speed it is a dice re roll, if it doesn't it's a more awkward variant of the first one.

Basically i want to use my lifter to hit him from the top where he doesn't have a weapon or it is significantly less effective, run away after a hit until i am to full speed and continue the cicle.
Of course try to make it so i don't throw myself at a hazard or specially OOTA.
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53