CBC3 Lightweight Quarter Finals: Terpsichora vs. The Thieving Magpie

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

CBC3 Lightweight Quarter Finals: Terpsichora vs. The Thieving Magpie

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Fri May 24, 2019 12:50 am

Terpsichora:
Speed: 5
Traction: 4
Torque: 1
Weapon: 13
Armor: 7

The Thieving Magpie:
Speed: 7
Traction: 6
Torque: 2
Weapon: 5
Armor: 10

Ko config please.

5-power flipper... 5 foot arena wall... yeah, fuck that noise. Get the blade spinning and try to keep the fight well away from the walls in the first 2 minutes. If I’m wedged and she’s in position for a potential OOTA, gyro backwards in a random direction as fast as possible to throw off her aim. Even if I flip myself over with the gyroscopic forces the discs hitting the floor can right me. If I get overturned and self-right, immediately get some distance and spin back up before engaging again. Otherwise be as aggressive as possible and engage her head-on. Note that 5 ft is right on the edge of her OOTA capability, too: she needs to get the timing pretty much perfect.

Try to keep engagements head-on. Counter the inevitable angle-in attempts by backing away in a wide arc and darting forward again.

I have a slight wedge advantage. Making said advantage bigger by damaging her flipper won’t be as easy this time, but IIRC said bonus does NOT cover her entire front because 1/3 area lol. Try to hit near the front corners: 3 corner damage can peel stuff up, and while that won’t completely stop her from getting under me, it could cause my wedge to catch the curled-up edges and lock together, making it much harder for her to flip effectively or get enough bite to high-center me.

If I get a good hit in, go for followups, trying to hit near her rear or catch her with her flipper open if she self-rights.

After 2 minutes... now the situation’s changed. The mini-IEDs are shorter and they’re far enough apart that a lightweight tumbling on its side could end up going between them. OOTAs will be easier for her, but they’ll also be very easy for Terpsichora to pull off, and TMP’s own flipper could be her undoing if she ends up inverted and next to the wall at the wrong angle. At this point try to chain hits to get her to the edges of the arena and out.

Good Luck Etc.

Shaba117
Team: Team Stealth Productions

Re: CBC3 Lightweight Quarter Finals: Terpsichora vs. The Thieving Magpie

Post by Shaba117 » Sat May 25, 2019 11:54 pm

Start out and go directly for Terpsichora. Wedging-wise, I have only a slight disadvantage to his forks (50/40%). If I get under, flip and don't let up. If he gets flipped, yeah , his weapon might make him bounce right back upright, but I've seen plenty of situations where it doesn't get quite enough torque to do so and it ends up just bouncing along the floor while still inverted. I definitely need to capitalize on this if this is the case. I'll nudge it towards the walls some, and well, 5 ft walls with a 5 power flipper...hey, I'm gonna shoot for it!

If he gets the forks under, immediately back off and try again. 50/40 aren't horrible odds, by any means. I get under, I flip, he gets under, I back off before I get eaten by weapon. I also have a beefed-up flipper, so that should not be taking much damage to it, anyway.

Likely, this fight will be going past the 2:00 mark and this is where the fun really begins. We are both very capable of throwing each other OOTA. Most importantly, keep myself away from the edge as much as I can and I really need to be aware of if I'm being wedged by his forks and back away before taking a shot from his weapon. Back away and turn back towards the middle of the arena. If things get desperate, try to draw him into the danger zone circles and pounce on him if I see that he's having trouble driving on the hazard. Sure, I won't have much better traction, but I am faster, soo... but stay clear of the main IED.

Other than that, controlled aggression is key in the first 2 minutes, control is key in the final minute. And, don't drive like and idiot!

GL, HFL!