CBC3 SHW Quarter Finals: Hartmann's Youkai Bot II vs Fenrir

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

CBC3 SHW Quarter Finals: Hartmann's Youkai Bot II vs Fenrir

Post by Trihunter » Wed May 22, 2019 7:35 pm

Hartmann's Youkai Bot IIFenrir
ImageImage
Speed: 4Speed: 5
Traction: 2Traction: 3
Torque: 1Torque: 1
Weapon: 16Weapon: 15
Armour: 7Armour: 6
Config: 6-Toothed Disk (Rorschach in Danmaku)Config: N/A

Honestly I can sum this match up in a single statement. Weapon-to-weapon, HYB deals 6 damage and takes 4. But we'll make it longer than that or the writers will get mad :v

Undercutter formation. Spin up, get out of our square, then play defensive. Let them make the approach, and focus on keeping them away from our wheels and facing our huge-ass blade. When it's close, have a crack at angling in enough to smash the weapon supports, though going through the drum itself is also perfectly valid. Recoil should hopefully be easier to manage for us than Fenrir, due to it being moreso in a manageable direction, whilst Fenrir would likely be yote across the arena, preferably in several pieces. Try to recover and get spinning ASAP when we take a hit. If we get inverted, it's not an issue, just keep up the same strats as before but keep the stance in mind. Keep up the defensive play, forcing them into the disk, for as long as Fenrir can handle. We're not letting this match go to a timeout. If they do somehow close in on the wheels, note that it's a precise shot for them. Missing either side of the wheels results in a head-on collision with the blade, thanks to the abscess in the rear of the chassis. It's not ideal, but if they're closing in and won't otherwise be able to take us on blade to blade, go for it.

In terms of arena management, try to stick around the halfway mark of the radius, away from the wall and spinners, to help keep control. It's unlikely for Fenrir to be able to control us due to the giant fuckoff disk, so the spinners take more of a priority to avoid when we're at top speed and playing defensive, whilst trying to stay away more from the walls if we're still trying to get back to speed.

Best of luck, W0lf.
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

Wolf51-50

Re: CBC3 SHW Quarter Finals: Hartmann's Youkai Bot II vs Fenrir

Post by Wolf51-50 » Sat May 25, 2019 11:45 pm

Forks off

Ok so yeah. He beats me weapon to weapon when we hit. But at the same time? He doesn't.

Obviously what any good undercutter would want to do is take out my drum supports. Don't let him lol. Use my better drive to take the head on. I connect with him I lose my drum or badly warp it. He connects with me? Thanks to my higher top speed and weapon placement, not only is he gonna go flying, that 4 damage won't just go into his weapon and badly damage it too, the stress of the hit is also gonna go straight into his baseplate. And we know what happens when such a powerful weapon touches it's delicate baseplate now do we? Take a look at PP3D's fights if not. It has a chance of warping the rest of it's chassis upward and stranding itself. So yeah, I'm gonna lose the weapon to weapon, but I'm only losing my weapon while he's also damaging himself big time. At that point it's a cripple fight. Continue pushing and ramming into him while using my better speed to push. It all depends on that first hit. Make sure it isn't screwed up lol.

Good luck