Black Mamba VS I Dance Crabcore, Motherfucker

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Black Mamba VS I Dance Crabcore, Motherfucker

Post by GF93 » Sat May 18, 2019 11:28 pm

______
STAT COMPARISON
I Dance Crabcore, Motherfucker
Speed: 6
Traction: 5
Torque: 2
Weapon: 7, 5/5 (Circular Saw on Articulating Arm, and Horizontal Clamping Claws)
Armour: 10 (+1 claws)

Black Mamba
Speed: 6
Traction: 5
Torque: 4
Weapon: 4 (Electric Lifting Arm with Rack-and-Pinion Stabilising Forks)
Armour: 11
______
Alrighty, first bout of the Playoffs! IDCCMF looks vicious with the claw/saw combination, and it’s got both enormous range and the tricky omniwheel drive for strafing about, so I’ll have to be careful to avoid getting pinned. However, several things do work in my favour; we're near-identical in drive, but I have twice its torque/acceleration, so I can more easily cut him off, press my attacks or escape as needed. I can press down my Lifter to get past any of his wedges (especially around his clamp hinges and the sides of his spikes), and also to keep him on his back or otherwise at bay and prevented from using the saw due to its narrow range. The saw also has low power, and due to both my shape and my agility, he'll find it very difficult to reliably grip/damage me; even if he does, I can always lift or push him back.

So the approach here will be to be as slippery and aggressive as possible; keep IDCCMF on the back foot from the start, and stop him from mounting any sort of offense. Move out quickly, watch to see where and how he approaches from, and predominantly aim for where he’s going rather than where he currently is. Press down the lifter as I'm about to hit, and ideally aim for the aforementioned spots where the clearance is higher. Copy any movements he might make, only lift when I’m definitely underneath, and then get shoving. If he gets under, don’t panic; use my higher torque to either, depending on where I am, reverse out the jaws and counterattack when they’re closed, or if he's near a hazard, force him into them.

When attacking, press the advantage constantly! Keep him flipped and myself underneath, actively stop him from self-righting by ramming/flipping him back over, and if I can get underneath him with the forks whilst he’s flipped, drop the arm down on top of him and use it like a clamp to pin him. Force him into the IED/Mini-IEDs, squash him into the walls to wear down the clock, and once the walls drop down, attempt a KO by either hanging him up on the Mini-IEDs or lifting him over them. Chase him down if he runs away, and get him to land on his saw as much as I can to break it!

Defence is again, mostly aggressive. Since I have the superior torque/acceleration and a shape that’s very hard for him to grab onto, I can both dodge and force him back into danger myself. Even then though, don’t be complacent; attack away from the claws when I have the opportunity, watch how he moves constantly, counter accordingly, and don’t give him any opportunity to grab me. If I'm flipped, prioritise escaping first before self-righting. Actively take the fight to him, keep constantly moving and unpredictable, keep the arm down unless I’m definitely underneath, and just generally be as slippery and aggressive as possible throughout.

Good luck!