CBC3 HW: Black Diamond vs Terminating Cutter Gen III

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

CBC3 HW: Black Diamond vs Terminating Cutter Gen III

Post by The Monsterworks » Sat May 11, 2019 6:47 pm

Black Diamond: 8 speed / 6 traction / 2 torque / 5 weapon / 9 armour

vs.

Terminating Cutter Gen III: 4 speed / 3 traction / 1 torque / 7 armour - horizontal configuration

Alright, I have a 10-6 speed advantage and he has significant weapon torque to fight while turning. I'm easily fast enough to box rush him and there's nothing to stop me from pulling it off. I also have a 5 power flipper and there are four OOTA corners. Add to that the fact that he's only doing three damage to my plow and - much as I hate to say it - my main job appears to be "just don't fuck up and die".

Watch out for dodges, feints, weapon torque turns, etc. He's going to be trying to get past my plow. Ultimately, though, come howling out of my starting circle in a box rush. Bully him into corners and toss him out of bounds. Keep this pretty straightforward for the most part, breaking his fist with my face. There's no need to risk oversteering in a fight where I have the armour to tank him, the speed to smother him, and the weapon to end this early. In general, use my speed to chain flips and to harry and smother him. His blade should be hitting the floor a good amount, tearing up wood and causing him to gyrodance. Go full aggro and get him out of the arena as soon as possible, but don't do anything over-the-top reckless.

GL, my dude, and congrats on your rookie campaign. Maybe it hasn't been a record-beater so far, but you've already shown a lot of improvement. I look forward to whatever you'll do next.
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

Billy5545

Re: CBC3 HW: Black Diamond vs Terminating Cutter Gen III

Post by Billy5545 » Sat May 11, 2019 9:08 pm

For this fight, we want to make sure we can pull off an upset victory to keep competing. For our advantage, our weapon is strong, and we have a lower speed and traction disparity, so our bot is more stable and controllable. Our weapon also has a good reach, which helps in keeping away opponent or snagging components like wheels. Now for opponent's weakness, they have exposed wheels which extend a bit past their plow width, lower control from higher speed and traction disparity, and finally 9 armor on the rest of the bot, meaning it will be pretty vulnerable to our weapon. This also means the wheels will get destroyed quiet easily.

For the arena, Stormhavn, it could pose a serious threat for us. We are fighting a flipper in there.

Our strategy is to fight as close to the center of the arena as possible. This will take us far from the low walls and potential OOTA. However, we will angle our bot slightly, go straight, and turn to our opponent by using our gyro. We aim to hit the side of their wedge and past that to their chassis or wheel with our range, while hoping the knockback from being hit by our weapon and lower control will send them spinning around. If they get us head on however, force the weapon to hit the holding part of the plow at damaging speed, so it will cause the flipper to bend or snap when we hit both of those parts. If we feel they tried to immediately flip however, move wildly in an attempt to make their flip less effective, as well as making our bar get a stray hit on one of their parts. Keep doing this strategy for the rest of the match, either going to their side if we can, or countering their attack by attacking their weapon and moving wildly. All this while making sure we don't get too close to the wall

Good luck Monsterworks