Meta Ridley vs Long Arm of the Law

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Meta Ridley vs Long Arm of the Law

Post by NWOWWE » Sat May 11, 2019 4:16 pm

-One more fight with a strong armor bot. They only have a slight speed advantage so there shouldn’t be much worry about them constantly flanking me.

-While I can’t do do much serious damage I can still be annoying as hell. Get out in clear open space and then focus just on keeping the disc pointed at the as much as possible.

-The objective will be on just landing as many hits as I can and preventing them from slamming me around and smothering me.

-Use the thwack tail if I have trouble keeping them in front of me. Keep out in the open and away from the walls as much as I can. If I can spend the majority of the fight landing hits and staying on the offensive it should be a very winnable match.

Good Luck!
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Nighthawk87

Re: Meta Ridley vs Long Arm of the Law

Post by Nighthawk87 » Sat May 11, 2019 5:02 pm

We're gonna keep a controlled, defensive game for this fight. We'll start off by keeping our front squared up with him at all times and follow up by charging into his disk so it can't reach full speed. We'll try our best to make our wedgelets the only point of contact for his disk to deflect his shots. To keep his disk as slow as possible we'll kite him towards the corners so they'll bounce off it. Our lifter will be used sparingly to reduce the amount of damage it takes, may not be much but he can still do something. If a good opportunity presents itself we'll go for the out-of-arena lift.

Welp, there's our main strat. Good luck NWOWWE!
Nighthawk Robotics

REDDIT
Tick Tock 2-4

Cherry Bomb Classic 3
Jawsome 1-5
Long Arm of the Law 4-3

REDDIT 2
Sherman 3-2

Cherry Bomb Classic 4
Long Arm of the Law 2-3