CBC3 HW Week 14: Something Something Clusterbot vs Dreadnought Mk. IV

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

CBC3 HW Week 14: Something Something Clusterbot vs Dreadnought Mk. IV

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Fri May 10, 2019 11:41 am

2x SomethingDreadnought Mk. IV
ImageImage
Speed: 9Speed: 7
Traction: 8Traction: 6
Torque: 3Torque: 3
Weapon: 3(2 for each)Weapon: 3
Armour: 1Armour: 11
Anti faceplant attachment: ON¯\_(ツ)_/¯
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: CBC3 HW Week 14: Something Something Clusterbot vs Dreadnought Mk. IV

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Fri May 10, 2019 11:00 pm

I am faster, we both have -1 control and 3 torque.
Surprisingly, his weapon only deals 2 damage to me, so i should survive it.
His wedge is probably better than mine but my forks can get in between his, giving me the wedge win.
I have mecanums
I NEED the KO There isn't any hazards so i only have one option left. The corner walls are low enough for you know what.

Start with the clamps open enough to fit his short body but not much more, use my strafing abilities to keep both my bots always facing Dradnought, split up almost immediately and position my bots so they face each other with Dreadnought in between them.
Unless Alex V tries something like running away he will turn to face one of my bots. Then the one he is facing will keep a short distance while the other rushes with its greater speed to get under Dreadnought's back (IT MUST BE THE BACK SO ADJUST WITH THE STRAFING SHENANIGANS. Once i have one of my bots under his rear end, have the other rush forward, rising the lifter ever so slightly. The idea is for it to actually ride up that wedge, Alex V will fire the flipper to do something now, too bad that's exactly what i want. As soon as he fires it close down the clamp on the bot behind him, getting it UNDERNEATH the flipper, this will give me an amazing clamp and will stop him from using the flipper to escape.
The next step is for the clamping Something to drive towards the wall of the OOTA zone. You don't just send a bot over the wall with a clamp so this is the plan. Clamping Something will lift Dreadnought 90° and stick right next to the wall and the other will come from behind and lift it's companion up. This should get at least part of Dreadnought on top of the wall. If this isn't enough for the OOTA then i lifting Something will move forward and lift up the front of the other something up too, getting it higher than the wall, if it is still not enough then i will just push that something over the wall with Dreadnought.

If this doesn't work adjust the strategy until it does. watch out for any weird plans from him. Avoid mistakes. GL HF
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Re: CBC3 HW Week 14: Something Something Clusterbot vs Dreadnought Mk. IV

Post by GF93 » Sat May 11, 2019 11:27 pm

Solid Wedge Tip.
_______
STAT COMPARISON
Something Something Clusterbot
Speed: 9
Traction: 8
Torque: 3
Weapon: 3/2 (Electric Lifting Forks/Clamps)
Armor: 1

Dreadnought MK4
Speed: 7
Traction: 6
Torque: 3
Weapon: 3 (Front-Hinged Pneumatic Flipper)
Armour: 11
______
SSCB has blindingly-fast mecanum drive and lifter/clamp setups, so I'll have to be on guard. Fortunately, lots of things do work in my favour; I'm fast enough to keep up and have the sufficient torque/weight advantage to keep out of the weapons. They're both light, so the OOTA zones will be a powerful asset in killing them whilst they can’t use them, the weapons are spindly, easy to damage/angle into and won’t work while upside-down, and the two forks at either end will get in the way if they try to right themselves. Most crucially, they’re as durable as wet cardboard at 1 armour, to the point of me threatening KOs with my flipper alone.
That opens up two ways I can kill them, so I'll want to be aggressive and strategic. Move out quickly, constantly watch where they attack from, and focus predominantly on taking out one to start with; keep them facing me on one side and attack from the direction they're going rather than where they currently are, keep constantly moving and actively taking the fight to them, and be ready to dodge/counter. Flip them if I get under, and if they do try monster-trucking over, reverse or position myself back against the OOTA Zone to potentially get one to throw itself out.

When attacking, stay on the aggressive and keep them both flipped over to stop them using their weapons. Focus on taking out one twin first and actively pursue it if it tries running away, limit their movement to the walls/corners to take away their biggest advantage, and go for the kill with an OOTA or breaking it against the wall or ground with a ram or flip. Then once one’s gone, repeat with the other and be more aggressive.
Defence comes down to good driving and common sense. Keep a cool head, always watch for flanking attempts and move accordingly to keep them both on one side or dodge, immediately drive off the forks and counter if I get wedged under, keep them upside-down and attack if they attempt to self-right, and don’t hang around the corners unless I'm using them myself. Don’t fall for baiting tactics and only fire the flipper when they’re definitely underneath, constantly move and be unpredictable, self-right immediately and escape if flipped, and always leave at least one escape route to fall back on in emergencies.

Good luck!