CBC3 SHW Week 14: Hartmann's Youkai Bot II vs HAN-D

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

CBC3 SHW Week 14: Hartmann's Youkai Bot II vs HAN-D

Post by Trihunter » Fri May 10, 2019 8:04 am

Hartmann's Youkai Bot IIHAN-D
ImageImage
Speed: 4Speed: 4
Traction: 2Traction: 2
Torque: 1Torque: 1
Weapon: 16Weapon: 15 (14 hammer, 1 piston)/ 13 (12 hammer, 2 piston)/ 11 (10 hammer, 3 piston)
Armour: 7Armour: 10/11 +1 Ramplate/12 +2 Ramplate
Config: 6-toothed diskConfig: Unknown
Unfortunately, as of writing this (Friday, around 1pm at time of posting), V900 has still not declared their config. Under ARC rules I believe this counts as a forfeit, since configs must be declared by Thursday. Here's my own declaration, feel free to crossreference in the Discord itself.
If the CBC team decide to proceed with the match regardless, I'll leave some RPs that cover each config. Apologies if this gets quite long, plans vary quite a lot depending on if V900 wanted to aim for a quicker kill or just play the stalling game.

Regardless of their config, we'll begin the match inverted, disk upwards. It's a solid hammer blocker, and doesn't take as much damage as the chassis would. Due to the shape of the chassis, it also has a bit of an upwards slant, letting us strike the top part of the ramplate if we were to hit face on, which is likely to have less reinforcements, potentially bending the rack and rendering it ineffective at pushing. Depending on the config we hit for 6, 4 or 2 damage there, which is likely to cause buckling fairly quickly.

If they're running the more tanky configs, take the approach in a bit slow, let them make the approach. If we're being forced to fight the plow, aim to strike it near the attachment points. The plow is, in fact, hinged, which should prove even easier to rupture and break off than a standard solid plow. Recoil from the strikes should make it tough for a precise hammer blow to land, and even if it does, the vast majority of the top of the bot is armoured under a spinner tanky enough to shrug off the hit. When we recoil, stabilize and spin up again. HAN-D shouldn't really have the speed or dexterity to capitalise on this properly, so it shouldn't be too much of a rush to get back up and spinning. On repeat approaches, if no opportunity to rip the legs clean off presents itself, again aim for those hinges and their surrounding area. If one hinge goes, movement's likely to be hampered by the floppy wedge, so we can aim to tear the legs off. If both go, nothing's stopping us from just rolling in and tearing everything else apart until it doesn't work. Also tear the legs off. Speaking of legs, those things do not look up to handling 200kg of robot getting shoved around in directions the joints won't like. Something will probably break in the recoil, eventually, assuming the blade doesn't get to it first. Try to avoid being shoved around, J-hooking or using spinner recoil to escape. Run away a little if we have to, to get back up to speed.

If they're going for a more offensive config, then stuff gets interesting. Spin up, head in, and likely cleave through the plow or pull it off in one hit. Play aggressive and keep the blade spinning. The most damaging hammer config they have hits for a fair amount of damage, so we'll be relying on recoil a lot to dodge strikes. Considering the disk angle, we can likely threaten to rip apart the axe mechanism too on a good hit. Basic plan is to keep up to speed, keep playing aggressive, land our hits before they land theirs and get out before we incur significant damage. Sort of similar to the tanky config strategies, but we can play a bit faster and more aggressively, though more wary of damage from the hammer. Just make it a quick fight, rip through the plow, take out the axe, mince those legs.

Best of luck, V900.
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Re: CBC3 SHW Week 14: Hartmann's Youkai Bot II vs HAN-D

Post by V900 » Sat May 11, 2019 11:33 pm

3rd setup (10 hammer, 3 piston) plox

Trundle myself toward opponent with caution, I wouldn't want to slip and and have him lop at my legs. Fire the piston at him a few times to knock him around, then fire the hammer when he least expects it.

Aaand that's it because I'm pretty sure I'm out of playoffs anyway, lol.

Shout gamer slurs at my opponent if I lose.

gl hf