CBC HW Week 14: Compound Fracture vs. Shadow MK5

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

CBC HW Week 14: Compound Fracture vs. Shadow MK5

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Thu May 09, 2019 8:07 pm

Compound FractureShadow MK5
Speed: 7Speed: 5
Traction: 6Traction: 4
Torque: 3Torque: 1
Weapon: 3Weapon: 13
Armour: 11 (+1 front wedge)Armour: 7

FORKS CONFIG PLEASE.

Don’t do a reckless box rush, but otherwise take the fight to him right from the start. Either go for head-on collisions or angle in on his corners.

I have a MASSIVE wedge advantage. He’s got a 4WD static wedge, so it’s already 80-20 my favor, and his forks are small and far apart, so my much longer forks can go right between them and get under his drum. At that point he won’t be able to get any bite on a shallow angled surface with a high-rpm weapon with two teeth, and he can’t do any damage to my front assembly with flat-surface hits. It’ll just scrape against it. Lift to try and help break his traction IF I’m thoroughly under his chassis and can be confident he won’t just slip off. If he does slip off, gun it away from him and get the lifter back on the floor. I’ve got little prongs on my outriggers to keep him from monstertrucking.

Force him back into the walls or corners and try to turn him on his side or rear. It may be possible to strand him on his back. If he’s in the corner, see if I can manage to stack him against the wall and lift him over it for an OOTA.

It’s very unlikely he’ll be able to get a solid hit on my forks, but even if he does, 1-point corner damage isn’t that much. Maybe there’ll be minor bending, but not enough to keep me from getting under the high ground clearance of his drum and corners. If I’m knocked in the air, immediately drive away and get facing him again when I land.

Be aggressive, do wedgebot things, don’t let him get to my sides. Don’t be a jackass and engage him with my back to the OOTA corners, just in case.

Good Luck etc.

Tcrrr
Team: Code Red Robotics

Re: CBC HW Week 14: Compound Fracture vs. Shadow MK5

Post by Tcrrr » Sat May 11, 2019 10:37 pm

He is using forks

I'll take his hinged forks and lift them with my drum, I'll play a slower method of the control spinner and continue to flip him over with the drum. I won't be trying to do damage but hopefully I'll be able to continuously flip and control him after lifting his forks with the drum