Jackal VS Lethal Carriageway

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Jackal VS Lethal Carriageway

Post by GF93 » Sat May 04, 2019 11:57 pm

______
STAT COMPARISON
Lethal Carriageway
Speed: 7
Traction: 7
Torque: 3
Weapon: 1 (Lifting Spikes)
Armour: 12

Jackal
Speed: 6
Traction: 5
Torque: 4
Weapon: 3 (Lifting Scoop and Overhead Bar)
Armour: 12
______
Alright, the archetypal brick brawl! Lethal Carriageway is a bit quicker than I am with better traction, and he's got the same armour as I do. However, he's got less torque/acceleration, and his 6WD will limit his manoeuvrability. Crucially though, his wedge and weaponry are far worse; his wedges are chassis, have nothing to stop me going over the top and will lift up if he tries pressing down, neither they or the weapon work upside-down, and the lifters themselves are very slow and weak, so I can either monster-truck over or escape as needed. Or just simply press down!

So aggression will be key, but at the same time always being ready to move and act according to anything he does. Move out quickly, watch to see what he does and act accordingly. If he raises or presses the forks, press down the scoop and attack from the sides/corners, driving right underneath, dropping the bar down onto him and moving with him. If he keeps the forks down, feint a corner attack, drive over the top and attack similarly from behind. Mix up my attacks as needed, and be ready to move with him and drive off/over the wedge to get away or attack as needed.

Once on the attack, flipping him will be priority. Force him into the walls/corners with either the bar clamped on top of underneath, then lift him over with either weapon and my drive depending on if he's up front or on top. From there, keep him flipped, keep underneath and shoving, and make use of the environment. Squash him into the walls/corners, while either clamping or hammering with the bar to wear down the clock and score aggression points, limit his movement to near the walls/hazards to take away his speed advantage, force him into the spinners/pistons for damage, and actively cut off his escape routes and chase him down if he runs away.

Defence is mostly aggressive; actively take the fight to him and keep him forced onto the back foot, keep him inverted to nullify his wedges and weaponry, and either dodge away or shove back against him if he tries to push me. Keep away from hazards when I'm not using them myself, be varied and unpredictable in both my attacking and defending, self-right and escape immediately if flipped, and press when I need to get under.

Good luck!