Shade Fist vs Gnasher

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Badnik96

Shade Fist vs Gnasher

Post by Badnik96 » Sat May 04, 2019 9:50 pm

SF
Speed: 6
Traction: 4
Torque: 1
Weapon: 14
Armor: 5 (+1 to the drum)

Gnash
6 Speed / 5 Traction / 1 Torque / 11 Weapon / 8 Armor (+1 to the green wheel shields)

equal speed but i have the better drum power (which means higher tip speed, which decides drum-on drum interactions), and his armor is more exposed. Rev up the drum to full throttle and wait for his approach. Once he comes close, attack his drum and give him the boot. Combo this into further juggle opportunities. If he wins the first exchange, back off, analyze my options and find a new angle to approach with. I don't have a lot of affordable slip-ups here so keep on the defensive until i'm sure i have an opening. Don't let him camp me on the ramp unless I have a big lead on points, in which case he's just timing himself out. If he tries to do the flanks, turn down the throttle on the drum and play defensive, keeping my front facing him. Try to warp his forks too, those are pretty vulnerable-looking

Don't let him bait me onto the hazards or anything.

GLHF
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Re: Shade Fist vs Gnasher

Post by attackfrog » Sat May 04, 2019 10:26 pm

The Gnasher has a few things going for it here. It's got better traction than Shade Fist, so I'll have better control over my driving. It's also 4WD instead of 2WD, which should give me a little more control, especially when facing the gyro effect (if I do.) Shade Fist has extremely low body armor, so if I get a hit on it anywhere that's not its weapon it's all but game over.

Weapon to weapon, we're only doing a little damage to each other, so the question will be who can attack the body of the other. Gnasher's got more area Shade Fist can attack, but it at least has these green wheel shields that should tank a hit or two before flying off. I might be able to hit the weapon supports on Shade Fist to disable its weapon (they probably get the weapon bonus, but really shouldn't given that a full 50% of the circumference of SF gets the weapon armor bonus in that case.) They won't be easy to hit, but if the chance is there I'll take it.

What I really think this will come down to, though, is tip speed. This obviously isn't easy to calculate, but The Gnasher's got a lighter weapon with a wider radius (probably), which should more than balance out Shade Fist's somewhat higher weapon power. I've at least got more bite. So if this works out, we go weapon to weapon, I get a good hit on Shade Fist, Shade Fist goes flying over backwards, I hit it in the bum, it dies. GG.

To make that happen, I'll aim to go head to head unless I have a really good shot at some non-weapon part of Shade Fist. I'll drive up onto the Blast Off Zone to be king of the hill and hope I meet Shade Fist up there for our epic match. If it doesn't come up I'll wait a bit, then chase after it, employing my above strategy, until one of us dies. #YOLO.

Good luck Dylan!