Tiny Torque vs Blood Eagle

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Tcrrr
Team: Code Red Robotics

Tiny Torque vs Blood Eagle

Post by Tcrrr » Sat May 04, 2019 8:03 pm

TT:
8 Speed
8 Traction
3 Torque
0 Weapon
11 Armor (+2 wedge)

BE:
4 Speed
2 traction
1 torque
16 weapon
7 armor

I know I am not making the playoffs, but I can at least cause an upset

I'll go in and use my 13 armor plow to stop the spinner, I know I'll have to take on the blade at full speed but the plow is pretty tough. he (like any sane person) would go around the ramp, and I would as well. if that doesn't work, I'll go in head first and I'll push him to the wall, where if he tries to escape I'll use my speed and make sure he can't get away. I'll keep making sure his blade keeps getting slammed into the wall until it stops, and I'll keep on top (metaphorically) of him, and I'll avoid the hazards. If he is still alive and the blade is stopped, I'll just stay agressive and I'll keep pushing him around. He isn't meant for pushing, so without the blade working then he is screwed
GL Laz

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

Re: Tiny Torque vs Blood Eagle

Post by Madman » Sat May 04, 2019 11:53 pm

Blood Eagle: 4 speed // 2 traction // 1 torque // 16 weapon // 7 armour

vs.

Tiny Torque: 8 speed // 8 traction // 3 torque // 0 weapon // 11 armour (+2 plow) - is it the whole plow? How is that thing under 1/3?

No weapon + 10-6 speed edge = rushing, stuffing me with his wedge, and hazard touring, so ya… Let's turn this on its head - literally - by starting upside-down. This allows me to navigate the ramp without my weapon hitting it, makes my blade less likely to hit the floor and get stuffed if I’m wedged, and allows me to try some other cool tactics.

That ramp is important, and he’s gonna try stuffing me into the sides. My plan’s different: bolt forward right onto it while spinning up (and obviously compensating for weapon torque). Either he goes straight over, catches loads of air, and lands on my weapon, he starts to go around, hesitates, and then comes after me, in which case, I wanna drive halfway up and ram my blade into his underside just as he starts to poke over the summit and before he tips forward, or he'll go around and try to come at me from behind. I'll have plenty of time to turn on the spot and face him as he crosses the arena, near but not AT the bottom of the ramp. The moment that he moves to go up it, I have the high ground. Move forward about a foot and use the angle created to smash my weapon into his unprotected top.

If the ramp stunts don't work, try three other things:

1) Just give him my side. Let him push me a bit towards a hazard/wall and then pivot with my free wheel, using his own forward momentum against him, and jackknife into his side. I can't be high-ended and I still drive faster than he can push, so use that to be dangerous cargo, squirming when wedged to force him to adjust and not have a straight line at the hazards, and hooking and pivoting unexpectedly fast with the help of my weapon torque.

2) Be aware of arena positioning. Hit at an angle that sends him into hazards and me away. Also, try to put the ramp between us and run in reverse, forcing him to go around it and giving myself time to spin.

3) Turn the weapon off, let him ram me head on and slam me, rear first into the walls and pin. Turn the weapon on while pinned and gun in forward up his wedge, tipping forward and bringing my blade onto his top.

GL Code Red. Nice wedge. I approve.
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49