CBC3 Week 13 MW: Axe n' Kill vs Chronic Jobber

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Billy5545

CBC3 Week 13 MW: Axe n' Kill vs Chronic Jobber

Post by Billy5545 » Sat May 04, 2019 9:43 am

Axe N' Kill: 6/4/1/11 (+1 axe)/8 (+2 wedge)
Chronic Jobber: 4/2/1/16/7

We are now facing a HS. They have almost the same stat as Pizza That Eats You, which teaches us immensely in robot fighting. We won't try to make the same mistake anymore against Chronic Jobber. So, they still have an inferior drive compared to us. Their armor is also inferior, and our axe will deal 5 damage to it. In addition, unlike the perfect traction of Pizza That Eats You, Chronic Jobber has two points of difference between it's speed and traction, meaning they will be more vulnerable to flying off each hit.

For our strategy, we will face them head on, before angling a bit so our plow will catch the blade instead, protecting our axe and deflecting Chronic Jobber away. Quickly follow on Chronic Jobber, pushing them around if they haven't recovered yet and hitting them with the axe and trying to hit the disc before it can get to lethal speed. Push them into the hazard during the pushing, trying to have the wheel or disc hit on one of the hazards in particular, with the Flying Saucer to damage, Zapper to score points and potentially beach them, and Fly Away Ramp to spinner kill by forcing the disc to hit the slope of it. Push them around when they are destabilized, but also take care to not get hit by the disc, while forcing the disc to hit something constantly so the weapon will get disabled and to not be in lethal speed while pushing.

Bully, push, and axe them constantly once their weapon is disabled. As for defense, our best bet is to try avoiding their weapon in case both our plows are gone, and instead try to drive in ways to bait them at us, only to miss by us trying to escape and causing them to hit something with their disc instead due to driving mishap.

Good luck Hii

Hiicantpk

Re: CBC3 Week 13 MW: Axe n' Kill vs Chronic Jobber

Post by Hiicantpk » Sat May 04, 2019 9:32 pm

Disc spinner, starting inverted.

16 weapon to 10 armour plow, 6 armour rest of the bot. W E W. We have equal control disparity, so we'll both likely oversteer and such about the same amount. Another thing I notice is their axe strikes fairly close to the rest of the bot, which should still be in the area on my bot that is covered by my weapon. 11 weapon armour to 12 weapon, nuh uh that aint doin shit. Lastly, that slot in the middle of their front wedge makes a good place for my teeth to get in to potentially rip off the front wedge with a good hit or two.

Alright, Shooting star. I'll stay in my starting square and point at them. Keep pointed, rotate with the disc if necessary and go for the head-to-head hit. Best case I get a 1H-KO and their axe hits my disc doing little to nothing. Worse case, I get flung away. Even with their 6 speed, the middle ramp of this arena makes him have to take a long way around or go over the tamp which can cause its own issues with high centering/whatever.

I want to avoid the ramp if I can, and focus on just pointing my weapon at 'em and gettin'er'dun. If the wedge falls off (which it should with a +6 weapon on it), Anywhere I hit on them will be catastrophic damage, so go balls to the wall and get that KO hit.

GL
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57