CBC3 MW Week 13: Hobart 2 vs. Ayame

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

CBC3 MW Week 13: Hobart 2 vs. Ayame

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sat May 04, 2019 12:52 am

Hobart 2Ayame
Speed: 7Speed: 8
Traction: 4 (+1 treads)Traction: 7
Torque: 1Torque: 2
Weapon: 14Weapon: 2
Armour: 4 (+2 weapon)Armour: 11

HFL Ghost-RPing for Rocket on request.

DRUM CONFIG PLEASE.

Start the weapon, drive up onto my side of the ramp while I’m spinning up. If he comes over the top try to hit him as he does so, if he goes around that buys me a few seconds. Once I’m at full speed return to the level parts of the floor.

Ayame has a fast drivetrain and a good wedge, and the hazards in this arena can easily KO or cripple Hobart. I can NOT afford to make a mistake here. Play defensive at the start, keeping the drum pointed at him. Ideally have my back to the ramp so if he pushes me back I’ll end up on the slope and it might disrupt him trying to follow me.

He’s got a 60-40 wedge advantage, so he’ll probably get under me a few times. If I get flipped over, I’m invertible. Drive away, then slam into him and hope the impact tosses me back upright. Otherwise try to gyro-turn off his wedge. If we’re facing in a direction where he could get me anywhere near the corners, gun it forward and try to monstertruck over him.

But my wedge is good enough that if I stay alive I’ll get under him and get a hit eventually. At this point stay on him, using my fast drivetrain to move in for a followup hit or two as he self-rights. 3 corner damage to the tip of his flipper can seriously mess his wedge up with repeated hits, and once it’s no longer flush with the floor Hobart can run away with this fight. I’m almost as fast as him, and should be able to chain hits pretty effectively. If gyroscopic forces are making it hard for me to maneuver and I’ve already seriously damaged his wedge, consider throttling the weapon down and just punting him around. If I can consistently keep the weapon pointed at him, stay at full power and see if I can knock him out.

If I lose a track, use gyroscopic forces to help Hobart crab around the arena and try to keep the weapon pointed at him.

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Re: CBC3 MW Week 13: Hobart 2 vs. Ayame

Post by GF93 » Sat May 04, 2019 11:10 pm

______
STAT COMPARISON
Hobart 2
Speed: 7
Traction: 4 (+1=5)
Torque: 1
Weapon: 14 (Vertical Spinning Drum)
Armour: 4 (+2 weapon)

Ayame
Speed: 8
Traction: 7
Torque: 2
Weapon: 2 (Rear-Hinge Pneumatic Flipper)
Armour: 11
______
Ten-hut! Hobart looks to have a pretty strong VS and some surprisingly good mobility, so I'll have to be on my guard. I'm still both a good deal faster with better acceleration though – so I should be able to keep the discs at bay for the most part – and even then, I've got the armour to resist it. It works far less well when inverted, and the wedges look quite rickety and easier to flank compared to a standard wheeled VS. The biggest flaw is the armour; it's low enough for the machine to damage itself with the spinner, and crucially, for me to do so with the flipper.

So here, aggression will be the order of the day. Move out quickly, watch to see where he comes from, and circle around him from a safe distance. If he can’t turn as fast as I can – which he shouldn’t, given his considerably worse acceleration/traction – swoop in quickly from behind, get under and flip. If he can, attack from the corners/sides and away from the spinner before flipping. Mix up attacking methods as needed, don’t fire unless I'm definitely underneath, and if he attempts to drive off or monster-truck over, copy his movements to keep him trapped.

Prioritise keeping underneath, him upside-down to nullify his weapon, and throwing him disc-first against the floor and walls to inflict as much self-damage as possible. Flip him into the Spinners and Pistons to inflict maximum damage, cut off his escape routes and chase him down if he runs away, and limit his movement range to near the walls/hazards to take away any benefit he gets from his speed.

Defence is mostly aggressive; actively take the fight to him and keep him inverted, attack away from the discs and at the sides/corners/back/bases of the hinged wedges, and just generally stop him from mounting any sort of defence. Otherwise, just use good common sense. Protect my wedge tip, keep the flipper on the ground when not underneath, self-right and escape immediately if he flips me, keep away from hazards unless using them myself, and if he tries camping on the ramp, either wait for him to come down or follow him up and knock him off if he faces away from me. But watch out for any sudden movements , and always be ready to dodge!

Good luck!