CBC MW Week 13: Terpsichora vs. Carnivore

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

CBC MW Week 13: Terpsichora vs. Carnivore

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Fri May 03, 2019 3:57 pm

TerpsichoraCarnivore
Speed: 5Speed: 7
Traction: 4Traction: 6
Torque: 1Torque: 2
Weapon: 13Weapon: 3
Armour: 7Armour: 12 (+2 rear wedge)

Ko config please.

He can press his lifter in theory. In practice that doesn’t matter because (a) it doesn’t extend past his forks, (b) he’s got low ground clearance and his static ass-wedge will totally high-center him.

Anyway: get spun up, go around whichever side of the ramp he’s not taking to avoid getting box rushed. After that go after him aggressively and try to get head-on collisions. My wedgelets can get under his forks if they contact them. His long forks can slip between them, but they can’t do it every time, and one mistake will get the forks uppercut and seriously bent (3 corner damage). I can get under his back wedge with ease. If I am wedged, the forks are really shallow so hopefully I can just back off: trying to clamp me will potentially let me hit it and damage his weapon. Be careful and try to not get grabbed: I don’t like those saucers.

When I get a hit, go for followups, trying to attack his wheels or his srimech (he’s got a spindly linkage that could get bent and jammed up) or damage more of his forks. If they’re all bent badly enough to not work as wedges then he can’t control the fight. Typically go for one followup hit, then retreat to make sure I don’t get caught with my drisc slowed.

If possible, try to throw him into the hazards or against the steep sides of the ramp. He’s got low clearance and stuff sticking out well past his wheels at the sides: he could slide down the steep sides and rest against the floor at an angle where he’s stuck. If he gets away from this with his lifter, then the next time I get him in a bad position just take the opportunity to smack him.

Good Luck etc.

GuldenFlame

Re: CBC MW Week 13: Terpsichora vs. Carnivore

Post by GuldenFlame » Sat May 04, 2019 11:18 pm

The big problem with static wedges and forks like my opponent is that the rest of their wedge is off the ground. Because of this, my unnaturally long forks will be able to get between them and under my opponent in theory. However, it is more likely we will end up getting stuck together in a mess of forks and missing appendages.

Go after my opponent with the jaw down, and trying to maneuver to the side of my opponent. Since they sacrificed their armor for a more powerful weapon, they'll probably end up gyro-dancing, so I should be able to take advantage of that.

Once underneath, the hazards are my friends (excluding the ramp).

I probably won't need to use the lifting mechanism unless either I or my opponent are on my back.

When my forks inevitably get ripped off, start pressing with the jaw and start going straight at them.

Good luck to my opponent.
Team Loading...

I have nothing noteworthy to show you.