CBC MW Week 13: Dragonfist vs. Marksman

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Rocket

CBC MW Week 13: Dragonfist vs. Marksman

Post by Rocket » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:21 pm

DragonfistMarksman
ImageImage
Speed: 3Speed: 7
Traction: 1Traction: 6
Torque: 1Torque: 1
Weapon: 16Weapon: 5
Armour: 9Armour: 11
Config: -- Config: --
My last fight in this arena was a disaster. Let's try and salvage some pride from this Godforsaken place, shall we?

Hellfire's got 13 armour... on one comparatively narrow stretch of limp-dick-pink four-bar flipper. Everywhere else, I'm hitting for 5 damage, or 10 if I snipe a wheel or two - which is highly likely when my flails are taken into account. That's what they're for. Thus, here's the plan.

At the start, spin up and stay the hell away from the hazards. This includes the damn ramp. Look for how Marksman's approaching and back off a bit until I'm fully spun up, then close in - again, avoiding contact with hazards. If Marksman's attacking head on, then move slightly to the side (towards the centre of the arena) and let the flails take out his soft targets, such as the wheels and wheelguards. If he's trying to angle his wedge so that he takes the initial impacts on his flipper, move forward on a diagonal angle and get some hits in on the pointy bits around his weapon, either with the flails themselves or the undercutter teeth on my shell. Frequent flail hits are gonna be the thing that does in his mobility, but a strike from the teeth will fling us apart. He comes off worst from that kind of collision, but I have to keep spun up and trust in my control pole. It makes him trying to capitalize on any instances of me bouncing around the arena all the more dangerous for him.

One additional advantage is that my undercutter blades are - somewhat unsurprisingly - very close to the ground, and Marksman's flipper doesn't extend beyond the red static bit. That means that I can mangle those front bits consistently via repeated 5 damage hits, which should also impede his ability to flip me if they get stuck underneath the flipping arm and force it up off the ground. It's not something I'm banking on happening, but it's worth mentioning in the event it comes up.

This is Dragonfist's last fight of the group stages, and it's been a bit of a rollercoaster ride. Sure, I've lost a couple of matches that I really should have won - no shade, Maxi, you had the strats and I totally underestimated ISAN - but there were matches that I won which, on paper, I absolutely should have lost. Jawsome springs to mind in that regard: I had no business at all beating a low, wedgey controlbot with a giant 14-armour dome, but here we are. If I make it to the playoffs - by no means a sure thing, courtesy of the aforementioned ISAN loss - then it'll by the most successful Worst Swordsman bot ever. The roster continues to improve, and I'm looking forward to figuring out the next iteration of Dragonfist.

Good luck, Gulden, and have fun.
TEAM WORST SWORDSMAN
"The world's best swordsman doesn't fear the second-best; he fears the worst swordsman, because he can't predict what the idiot will do."

Active Roster:-
VEXED!
LW: TRILOBITE! (1-0) (Lifetime: 3-4)

Cherry Bomb Classic 4
MW: DRAGONFIST (6-1) (Lifetime: 15-9)
HW: TABOR MARK 4 (4-3) (Lifetime: 12-14)

Full Roster
Lifetime Figures: 42-51 (0.452)

GuldenFlame

Re: CBC MW Week 13: Dragonfist vs. Marksman

Post by GuldenFlame » Sat May 04, 2019 11:07 pm

Start the match by perching on the ramp for a bit, just out of reach of my opponent. Once the flails begin hitting the ramp and slowing their shell down a bit, charge them and push them towards the spinner hazards, or attempt to high center them on the ramp.

If my opponent refuses to approach, disembark from the ramp and stay near the edges of the arena and once again await their approach, only attacking once their flails begin hitting the wall and slowing down the spinner. Then, once again take them to whatever hazard is available.

If they still aren't approaching after about a full minute, then hog all the aggression points for myself.

Good luck to my opponent.
Team Loading...

I have nothing noteworthy to show you.