CBC3 SHW: I Dance Crabcore, Motherfucker! vs. Santangelo

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

CBC3 SHW: I Dance Crabcore, Motherfucker! vs. Santangelo

Post by The Monsterworks » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:14 pm

Well, this is it: brother vs brother. I'll let Laz talk all the shit. I have a fight to win.

I Dance Crabcore, Motherfucker: 6/5/2/7(5/5)/10 (+1 claws)
vs.
Santangelo: 8/7/2/1/12

We're even in control but he has a 10-8 speed edge. However, Crabcore is obscenely wide with its claws open and can strafe and circle strafe, keeping its front facing its opponent while he has to turn. He's not getting around my claws. He's also not flipping me with that anemic excuse for a flipper, and definitely not OOTA. I have the better weapon and I intend to use it.

The main goal is to just wedgelock us together by clamping around his sides. The upper and lower lips of my claws should fit pretty snugly around his chassis and could very well high-center him, especially if his wedge is under me like it should be and I'm sure he'll be trying to get it. If this is the case, bring down the saw, keep the pin moving and saw in for the full thirty seconds, releasing him right at its expiry into the sickle, a hammer, or the Gulag if I can gun it far enough up that slope and dump his ass in. If I can't, then just force a stalemate, but keep the pin moving by unpredictably strafing to one side or the other and sawing in the entire time. He's very likely to be confident in his armour, but I CAN cut through it and have a good six seconds to just sink that saw into his bot's guts.

In general, this is likely to be a close and cagey fight. Go claws open and just keep clamping him and showing aggression through weapon use and attempts to push him around. I don't see his weapon being effective, and my saw arm can pretty much deny it if he tries to flip right into it. A one power flipper doesn't really have the burst force to break that lock. Defensively, just stay smart, stay facing him, avoid the Gulag unless I'm in control, and self-right immediately if I get flipped.

TL;DR: strafe and circle strafe, claws open, clamp/wedgelock, and use my saw early and often to deal damage, show aggression, block his flipper, and self-right. Pit him if I can.

GL, little brother.
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

Re: CBC3 SHW: I Dance Crabcore, Motherfucker! vs. Santangelo

Post by Madman » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:40 pm

Santangelo: 8/7/2/1/12

I Dance Crabcore, Motherf*cker: 6/5/2/7(5/5)/10 (+1 claws)

Let's get this out of the way: neither of our weapons are doing jack shit in this fight and he knows it. So that means that the better wedge and drivetrain win here. Oh, but strafing, right? Wrong. IDCMF's weight distrib is all wrong for that and Alex knows it. He also probably thinks that I'll waste a ton of time trying to flank him. Ain't nobody flanking something that wide.

Go straight at him. Go at him hard. Get under his bot since I definitively have the better wedge when his claws are open and can angle into his little wedgelets when his claws are closed. flip him immediately. My flipper's weak, barely a self-righter, blah blah, I know. Keep stroking your little hateboners. IDCMF is actually just real short lengthwise and my flipper has a decent stroke. With a good forward rush, flipping him should be kind of elementary. If we end up in a shoving match, I'm pretty sure that the bot with regular wheels and a higher top speed will win out marginally, so just shove those sensitive omniwheels right into Stalin's Sickle and give him an assful of Communism. Rinse and repeat. Try to score an OOTA into the pit too. IDK if it'll work, but it's worth a shot, especially with a good run up. If he saws, laugh, and then flick his saw away with my flipper. the initial force of a flipper, even a weak one, should overpower the tiny servo he's probably using to bring that arm down.

Good luck, Alex.
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49