Meta Ridley vs. The Trashman

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Meta Ridley vs. The Trashman

Post by NWOWWE » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:58 pm

-More heavily armored plow nonsense. It seems these kind of opponents keep cropping up for Ridley. On the plus side, the trash cans will be turned into mulch if Ridley even looks at them funny so there's that.

-I can deal some damage out if I can get around the plow, but that's the tricky part (isn't it always?) so I'll need to create my own luck.

-I'll try to keep on the aggressive side of things because I don't want to make it easy for him to just try and stun-lock me with the plow and bully me around. Even if I can't really hurt the plow, I can use the power of my weapon to knock him around and stop any offense from him.

-Keep driving at him, keeping the disc in his face as much as I can. The ideal plan would be to knock him into hazards and possibly open up shots on his lower main chassis armor.

-Use the thwack tail for any sticky situation that I might need to try and swipe him away and the disc would be able to do the job. Otherwise the disc should always be pointed in his direction.

Good Luck!
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Re: Meta Ridley vs. The Trashman

Post by V900 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:55 pm

topical avatar

Here's a matchup that'd make fanfic writers blush. Danny DeVito vs Ridley from Metroid. Whoda thought, huh? 14 weapon is dangerously close to wet noodle territory, so he's not doing any shock damage to my chassis and he certainly isn't doing any damage to my plow. His win condition here is to smack my 9 armor treads a few times so my mobility's compromised, so I'll be sure to drive in a way that doesn't happen.

Generally play aggressive with the plow-slams and pushes, but don't be afraid to back off if he starts slipping off the side of my plow through some j-hook nonsense.

Push him into the hazards and don't pay my trashcans or clamp much mind. Idk, try to use the trashcans as bait or something.

Don't worry about pressing too much, just enough that he doesn't slide under my chassis. His lack of wedge makes that kind of a non-factor. There's always the off-chance that he does some wacky shit like "oh i'll use my tail as a wedge", but I can press down if he really wants to try that. Write me with some common sense.

gl hf