CBC3 HW: Black Diamond vs Necroblade

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

CBC3 HW: Black Diamond vs Necroblade

Post by The Monsterworks » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:51 pm

Black Diamond: 8 speed / 6 traction / 2 torque / 5 weapon / 9 armour

Necroblade: 6 speed / 5 traction / 1 torque / 13 weapon / 5 armour

Necroblade is a serious challenge, so I'm hoping to bring my 'A-game.'

Let's keep this a bit simple. He's quick for a spinner but I'm quicker than the average seven speed brick too. I also have 11 armour on my flipper to his thirteen weapon, so there's no breakthrough factor for him at all. He's also not reaching over it even if he goes overcutter since he's pretty flat. He doesn't have the speed to flank me or appreciably angle into my wedgelets if he goes wedge-first. I'll minimize possible oversteer issues by just driving aggressively and straightforwardly. I wanna break his fist with my...fist. Black Diamond isn't just some brick, it's a legitimate flipper with serious OOTA power.

Rush the hell out of him to start just to set the tone. If he tries to lurk by the lip of the Gulag or by the Sickle to jump me or get my side, give myself some room when going around those. Obviously, if I see him try any baiting, wedge-first, or sideways starts shenanigans, don't just rush in like a lemming. If I get wedged by him, don't let him push under. Back off and then hook immediately.

Offensively, the main goal is to just get under him and launch him. Let him gyro, let his blade stall itself or slow itself by hitting floor, send him into hazards. The central objective is the pit, of course, but he knows that, so don't make it obvious. Like, don't pitlurk or pithound from the get-go. All that it takes is one quick rush and chain and it's easy to be caught by surprise by the burst of an 8 speed bot and the power of a legit flipper on what would seem to be another bricky wedge. Don't waste gas stupidly, but also don't hold back. If I have the shot and it's a decent one, take it, and take it before he can hook away. If I'm running low towards the end, use hazards and pin more.

TL;DR: stay aggressive and keep it straightforward, beware of tricks and adjust as needed, and use my weapon tactically but ultimately without fear.

GL dude
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

Badnik96

Re: CBC3 HW: Black Diamond vs Necroblade

Post by Badnik96 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:22 pm

odds are he's gonna rush me down so keep my distance and get the blade spun, then space him out by pointing the disc at him and kind of matadoring, hitting him with the disc when he approaches but keeping myself from getting wedged. eventually one of these is going to get a good bite and chuck him sideways, and i need to be ready to capitalize on that and swing for his wheels. aim for his corners, obviously.

avoid the hazards and shit

glhf
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ