Chimera vs Golden Blaze

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Chimera vs Golden Blaze

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:34 pm

CHIMERA: Speed: 8 / Traction: 6 / Torque: 2 / Weapon: 5 / Armor: 9 (+1 front), using ABR https://i.imgur.com/uFOtIHn.jpg

GB: Speed: 5 / Traction: 2 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 15 / Armor: 7

Hazard Clone vs a flipper is a big oof for him. I can't rush him with this arena setup, but I still have 12 armor up front, and I can still use his ricochets to bounce him towards the corners or central spinner. obvious speed advantage is obvious.

start out by coming at him all the way around the spinner: in general I want to stay on the circular side of the arena - it's much harder for him to escape if I can get him cornered, so I want to constantly be playing around forcing him into one. also the OOTA zone is up there :V .

the actual plan is pretty standard: ram him till he stops, try to make his ricochets advantageous by ramming into him at angles that would bounce him into the arena spinner or towards corners/OOTAs, flip him when his spinner isn't spinning very quickly, win once he's upside down. his wedge isn't written as hinged, but even if it is and the forks beat both my wedges (the red wedge is still fully ground scraping behind the flipper - so I can angle in AFTER he gets under some of me and still maybe get under him), I can still flip him via his bar, and I'll out-push him when up on his wedge, too.

don't do dumb shit, such as letting a robot with no control and 3 less speed than me hit anywhere other than my armored front. don't let him get up to speed more than the absolute minimum - S T A Y A G G R E S S I V E

GL

Mystic2000
Team: Myst Inc

Re: Chimera vs Golden Blaze

Post by Mystic2000 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:54 pm

oh hi 8WD Defiant with a big phat wedge, good news for me is that this wedge doesn't have enormous amounts of armor, so should i manage to catch the edge of it a few times, it will suffer some pretty decent damage, so the plan is get to the corners, catch the edge of that wedge, and try to avoid being just scooped up by that wedge, cause obviously, we can't reliably self-right, it's not impossible, but not foolproof, so we really can't allow ourselves to get flipped, even if gyro forces should be a decent stabiliser in the event he does land a flip, but yeah, just be careful about that flipper and go for those sweet vertical edges on that ABR wedge, and hopefully we can give this thing a decent nosejob, or facejob, whatever