CBC3 HW Week 12: Compound Fracture vs. Bass Drop

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

CBC3 HW Week 12: Compound Fracture vs. Bass Drop

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:05 am

Compound FractureBass Drop
ImageImage
Speed: 7Speed: 5
Traction: 6Traction: 4
Torque: 3Torque: 1
Weapon: 3Weapon: 12
Armour: 11 (+1 wedge)Armour: 8

USING THE SYMMETRICAL LIFTING WEDGE.

Bass Drop’s hammer is pretty powerful, and it actually strikes a pretty big area. IRL that’d spread the force out and make it less effective, but this is ARC and I don’t want that thing hitting my wheels.

The solution? Be aggressive, but move erratically and approach at a slight angle or horizontal offset, and keep my lifter fully raised. The lifting part doesn’t cover the bot’s full width, but here’s where his hammer’s width works against him: it’s very difficult to strike to the side of it because one of the two bars that make up his hammer arm, if not the drum itself, will strike the lifter, preventing him from hitting, well, anything else. And he can’t damage the lifter at all. Avoid attacking perfectly head-on since the lifter might go between his hammer arms.

But, doesn’t using the lifter passively take away my means of controlling the fight? Not really. The outriggers are still independently hinged wedgelets, which should beat his wedge most of the time. If it doesn’t, I have a faster drivetrain and lots of ground clearance, so just back off and try again. If we get “wedge-locked” I have much better torque. If I get under, that static rear wedge will make it easy to high-center him by tipping him backward, so I don’t really need the lifter to control him. He can fire his hammer to try to free himself, but bringing the thing down on my raised lifter could knock him into an even more awkward position or even flip him over.

If I get to his side for some reason see if I can turn him over and interfere with self-righting, but only bring the lifter down if I’m sure I’m in a position where he can’t hit me. I know he can depress the hammer WAY below his chassis and just tipping him backwards won’t stop him hitting me. Mostly focus on pushing him around and feeding him to the arena hazards.

Hiicantpk

Re: CBC3 HW Week 12: Compound Fracture vs. Bass Drop

Post by Hiicantpk » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:01 pm

Unless he lifts his wedge up to block my hammer arms or something, it is possible I could damage their wheels over the wedge assembly considering they stick up above the main body, and with 13 effective weapon and 10 armour on the wheels, it seems reasonable to assume I can do some damage.

Alright, so I bet HFL is going to go for an OOTA into that pit, so my #1 priority is staying far away from it (or at least keeping them between the pit and me). They'll 99% not go for a front-to-front since they have speed on me, but if they try to approach close and get to my side, the range on my hammer can potentially whack them from the side.

Head out at the start and drive out past the middle hazard, but turn to face CF if they get somewhat close. If they do wedge under me, fire the hammer. It can reach under the front of the bot up to 90 degrees so I can either hit CF while on top of them or use that hit to push me off and get me back on the ground. I'm not going to be pushing or anything so do my best to keep pointed at them and fire away when I get close.

If I get thrown into the pit, drive up to the side of the pit and fire my hammer in an attempt to drag/lift myself out. I'll probably still be counted out but its worth a shot
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57