Jackal VS Carbonemys

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Jackal VS Carbonemys

Post by GF93 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:11 am

Regular Setup.
Organ request:

______
STAT COMPARISON
Carbonemys
Speed: 4
Traction: 1+1
Torque: 1
Weapon: 15+1 (Roof-mounted Axe)
Armour: 9 (+1 plough or weapon?)

Jackal
Speed: 6
Traction: 5
Torque: 4
Weapon: 3 (Lifting Scoop and Overhead Bar)
Armour: 12
______
Time to raise some shell! Carbonemys has tough armour and a terrifying deathaxe on its side, so I'll have to be careful to avoid getting spiked. However, the drive's very slow indeed, the wedges don't have a great deal of range and can be pressed under, and whilst the weapon is frighteningly powerful, the range is limited and it's especially vulnerable to flanking and being turned on its side.

So I'll want to be tricky to get past the axe, and then more aggressive and constantly press the advantage when I gain it. Move out quickly, circle around him from a safe distance to start with, and watch to see how fast he turns. If it's slow enough, flank from the sides/rear corners, force my way under, and lift him over. If he is turning fast enough to keep up, feint an attack towards his front corners; then as soon as I get close to the race's range, immediately REVERSE. With any luck he'll misfire; attack and flip before he can retract, then get shoving. But be careful not to get hit whilst I'm underneath!

To attack, keep underneath, shoving, and him flipped on his side as much as I can; go for his tracks with my forks/the hazards and snap them if I can, or push his baseplate against the wall to put him in a position where he can't right himself. Actively interfere with all his attempts to self-right, clamp and hammer him with the top bar as needed when attacking side-on or behind, and just be relentlessly aggressive to stop him getting any good hits. Keep my distance from the hazards when not using them myself, mix up flanking and baiting as needed to keep him guessing, and keep constantly moving and unpredictable to avoid getting trapped. Most importantly, avoid the axe. AVOID THE FUCKING AXE.

Good luck!