Ayame VS The Beast From The West 2

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Ayame VS The Beast From The West 2

Post by GF93 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:40 pm

Organ request:

_______
STAT COMPARISON
The Beast From The West 2
Speed: 5
Traction: 4
Torque: 1
Armour: 6
Weapon: 14/Disc 13, Arm 1 -- (Vertical Spinner on 180-degree moveable arm)

Ayame
Speed: 8
Traction: 7
Torque: 2
Armour: 11
Weapon: 2 (Rear-Hinge Pneumatic Flipper)
_______
That's a lot of words! BFTW2 has an interesting Big Nipper setup with the vert/lifter combination, and the wedges on the front. However, it's slower and less manoeuvrable by a big margin, the lifting/self-righting's also weak on top of having lower weapon potency than Terpsichora (which Ayame beat), the armour's low enough to effectively damage, and its sides and especially corners are vulnerable to flanking.

With this in mind, being highly aggressive will be the approach to take. Move out quickly, aim for the sides/corners (round the back if I can) to avoid his weapon and wedges, then force my way right under before flipping. Don't let him bait me into misfiring; only fire when I'm definitely underneath!

From there, keep underneath and constantly shoving/chaining flips on him, chasing him down if he runs, and generally keeping him on the back foot. Actively interfere with all his self-righting attempts (try to flip him onto his top with the arm fully open to get him stuck), copy his movements if he tries driving off the wedge and cut off any potential escape routes, squash him into the walls to wear down the clock, force him into the Gargoyles and Pipe Organ, and keep him flipped to slow him down further and nullify his wedges.

Defence is mostly the aggressive kind, actively taking the fight to him and stopping him from manoeuvring or mounting any sort of offence. At the same time; avoid approaching head-on, keep my distance from hazards when not using them myself, protect my wedge tip, keep constantly moving and unpredictable to avoid getting trapped, self-right immediately and escape first before continuing when flipped, and watch out for any monster-trucking attempts or overhead swings from behind.

Good luck!