CBC3 MW: Super Youkai Warhead vs Chronic Jobber

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hiicantpk

CBC3 MW: Super Youkai Warhead vs Chronic Jobber

Post by Hiicantpk » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:24 pm

Super Youkai WarheadChronic Jobber
Speed: 6Speed: 4
Traction: 4 (+1 Treads)Traction: 2
Torque: 1Torque: 1
Weapon: 7 (5 Saw/arm, 2 Clamp)Weapon: 16
Armour: 12 (+1 Front)Armour: 7
Config: Config:
Disc, starting Inverted

Remember when 13 armour was enough to brick everything you could throw at it? The future is now old man, say hello to 16-17 power deathspinners.

They have an 11 armour body, and 13 armour on their wedge which won't be enough to handle my 16 weapon. Plus starting inverted makes it risky for them to try to clamp me, as they risk getting their saw shattered and clamp setup getting shredded.

Head out aggressively and head straight for SYW. If they try to get around to my side I can rotate into their side and shred their treads or sides, and if they go straight at me the lower part of my bot (should) ride up their front wedge, bringing my weapon right into their clamp assembly. Plus if they do somehow manage to clamp me, they'll have to saw through my disc, and the shock absorbing core could cause issues for the saw. With 11 weapon armour and a 5 power saw, it'll take quite a while for them to even start piercing the weapon, and by that time the pin timer will likely expire and they'll have to let me go and try again.

Afterwards spin up and put priority on facing them, followed by chasing them down. If I need to stop and rotate in place, I will do so to make sure I'm facing my opponent. Try my best to avoid the hazards and hopefully I can take this one and keep my hopes for top seed out of the group alive.

GL
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Re: CBC3 MW: Super Youkai Warhead vs Chronic Jobber

Post by V900 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:55 pm

exteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeending arm setup plox

Yeah so he's doing 3 damage to my plow, which isn't enough for a KO unless he's getting corner hits the entire match. He's also got very questionable traction (in terms of both disparity and raw value, 16 weapon does wonders on 2 tra), which means he'll get sent pretty far from so much as a light tap.

Aim to bump him toward the hazards, but focus more on surviving than anything. As long as I don't get a tread ripped off or anything (which I'll be VERY SURE not to let happen, with my superior drive and all), not dying should net me a W in the judge's decision. I say "bump" because I'm not gonna go full aggro and try pushing him. Instead, use the very tip of my wedge to tap him the entire match. The more near-misses he makes with my wedge, the better. Don't be afraid to back the fuck up before I get smacked the fuck up. Generally try to stay in open areas (i.e. the middle of the arena) to avoid getting trapped against a wall.

gl hf