Blood Eagle vs. Phobos Anomaly

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Blood Eagle vs. Phobos Anomaly

Post by NWOWWE » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:44 pm

-I'm gonna go a bit risky and do a one and one. It may seem odd to say that's risky since it's the most versatile config I've got, but Hammer Bro will need to be protected, and I want his weapon power since a good hit or two could put Blood Eagle down almost as quickly as he could mulch me. Even with the armor bonus, I wouldn't expect Clamp configs to last a whole fight anyway and this arena doesn't really have KO level hazards.

-Obviously Clamp Bro will be taking point here. He doesn't have the stats to outdrive me, and he'll be fighting against the force of his spinning weapon giving me an overall edge in maneuverability. I need to draw him out, or at least get his attention with Clamp Bro so Hammer Bro can get around to the side/rear and get in there with the hammer and beat on him.

-If he goes after Hammer Bro, then play keep away while Clamp Bro comes in from the side/rear and clamps. This should give Hammer Bro a decent opening to get away from the spinning bar and attack.

-It all comes down to keeping Hammer Bro alive at all costs and getting him out in the open enough to give me maneuvering room so I have as little to do with his weapon as possible.

-Don't get lured to hazards, EVER!

Good Luck!
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

Re: Blood Eagle vs. Phobos Anomaly

Post by Madman » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:26 pm

Blood Eagle: 4/2/1/16/7

Phobos Anomaly: 4/1+1/1/12+1/6 & 4/1+1/1/7 (5/5)/9 (+3 clamp)

Aight, so this guy didn't tell me his config. Luckily, Hii was willing to look at his RP and tell me he was running one and one. That can only mean one thing: clamp to tank, hammer to spank. Josh is gonna get the plow up in my face while the hammer slips around me and goes to town. There are a few factors working in my favour, though.

1) He's trying to play a control bot game with his clamp, but our drivetrains are straight equal and he has nothing to actually clamp except 16 power blade. That means it's only there to distract me and tank my hits. This makes his strategy kind of predictable.

2) Each half of his cluster is only 50% of the weight of a normal bot. Those lil fuckers are gonna fly when I hit them, easily twice as far as full-sized bots. I'm going to suffer less recoil than usual when hitting them because physics. Combined with the spindly T-shape of my bot and the fact that I'm expecting his tactic, this gives his hammer bot a lot less of an opening than he's probably expecting.

3) I do 5 shock damage even to his plow bot, which is going to mess it up quickly.

Start out and just nope his most likely tactic by spinning up as I back straight into a corner with my blade facing outwards. Smack his clamp boy if it has the balls to come in and launch it across the arena, targeting the hammer if it's close. If he's a little bitch for a while and won't engage, then just come out and seemingly play into his hands. Move to engage with the clamp, let the hammer start to maneuver around me, relying on my epic weapon reach and hard-to-reach shape for protection, then turn with the aid of my weapon torque to whip my blade around unexpectedly quickly. He has a slow bot, a weapon he needs to aim carefully, and he has to react to something unexpected. I just need to turn and hit him anywhere.

Mix up just straight going after hammer boy for aggression points, since he's not gonna let that thing get anywhere near my weapon. If I manage to kill it or if Josh just plays really coy with it, then just keep going at clamp boy and flinging it 20+ feet with every hit, spinning back up as I close in on it. Even if I'm not quite up to full speed, that plow's thick, and then it's mostly about shock damage and just impressive-looking hits. 4 speed clusters also don't smother.

GL
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49