Cuddle Time! vs Killjoy III

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Cuddle Time! vs Killjoy III

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:57 pm

Killjoy: Speed: 6 / Traction: 4 / Torque: 2 / Weapon: 9 (Saw: 6 / Lifter: 6) / Armour: 9

CT!: Speed: 7 / Traction: 6 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 7 (5 clamp/5 lifter) / Armor: 9 (+2 front) - PLATE

Killjoy's forks do not reach beyond the main body, which means that when I press, our wedges will be equal: and he's much more likely to wheelie. He can also get stranded on the saw arm for short periods of time, and correcting such issues will often lead him to wheelie. finally, I should have the advantage in close quarters: my control ratio is better, and I'm on 4WD, so I don't have to swiiiing a bunch of weight dragging on the front like he does. his compact shape does mitigate this for him somewhat, but it's at the expense of being much more likely to wheelie.

In general, I want to be aggressive. he doesn't have escape potential and I have the close-quarters maneuverability advantage, so I have good snowball potential. I can approach him by either angling into his outer pontoons, pressing, or angling into the space between his interior forks. Rotate between the options to keep him guessing. I can also stutter engage (move at him, stop, then immediately ram full speed at him) to try and get him to overreact, back up, and wheelie. the more he falls for this, the more I should try it, but be conservative in doing it to start with.

When I get under, flip immediately. His multitude of moving parts and robot shape make inversion very awkward for him, even if he does have his wheels exposed up top. continue trying to herd him into corners and hazards by lifting him most of the way up, flipping him, and just generally making life hell for him as he tries to correct his orientation. only really clamp if I can shove the clamp into one of the gaps in his robot that ensure I can actually get value out of the clamp.

if he gets under, j-hook to a random side, reverse, lifter and clamp flail, etc. I can block the saw arm with both the arm and the clamp, which both have very high armor. I am likely to stall the saw by aggressively moving durable moving parts into it repeatedly, so I should do that.

If our wedges lock up, j-hook, and continue spinning: try and get to his side or behind him when he shoots forewards.

if inverted, I can drive to safety and self-right with either the clamp or lifter.

GL