CBC MW Week 11: Dragonfist vs. Psychosis

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Rocket

CBC MW Week 11: Dragonfist vs. Psychosis

Post by Rocket » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:01 pm

DragonfistPsychosis
ImageImage
Speed: 3Speed: 6
Traction: 1Traction: 5
Torque: 1Torque: 1
Weapon: 16Weapon: 14 (12 spinner / 2 lifter)
Armour: 9Armour: 4
Config: --Config: --

Dragonfist's Organ Music

Oh dear. This is an eminently winnable matchup for the embattled Dragonfist, with the innovative Psychosis not doing enough damage, being comprehensively outranged, and taking 8 damage on the part with the toughest armour. Yes, it's got a considerable speed advantage, but that just means it gets to die quicker. This isn't an arena with much in the way of hazards or FUCKING BASTARD DOORS, so even if by some miracle he gets into wedging range (and survives the hit from the shell teeth), what's he gonna push me into? The pipe organ? One of the gargoyle zones? Ram me into the wall and hope I coin all over the place? It doesn't really matter. Gothiq is a fantastic arena for spinners. This really is a case of "spin up, move towards him, wait until enemy robot is spread thinly across several distinct time zones". Psychosis gets exactly one shot at a Hail Mary play to get in through a rain of flail hits and wedge me against a wall. And then he has to try and do that again with a bot which, by that point, will be held together largely through the power of friendship once I bounce to the other side of the arena and am able to reset. From the moment the battle starts to the moment it ends, I'mma keep spinning this shell until Psychosis is completely fucking obliterated.

Good luck, froggo, and have fun. =]

Also, interesting little stat: I've got a 100% win record against your man here in the middleweight class. The fight against Dragonfist was Frogbot's only loss in ROBOT2. =]
TEAM WORST SWORDSMAN
"The world's best swordsman doesn't fear the second-best; he fears the worst swordsman, because he can't predict what the idiot will do."

Active Roster:-
VEXED!
LW: TRILOBITE! (1-0) (Lifetime: 3-4)

Cherry Bomb Classic 4
MW: DRAGONFIST (6-1) (Lifetime: 15-9)
HW: TABOR MARK 4 (4-3) (Lifetime: 12-14)

Full Roster
Lifetime Figures: 42-51 (0.452)

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Re: CBC MW Week 11: Dragonfist vs. Psychosis

Post by attackfrog » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:37 pm

Ayy waddup it's ya boy Psychosis here. Now I know what you're thinking. 8 armor against 16 weapon is not very much, and that's not even looking at the parts of the robot that aren't the plow/spinner. And I get it. On the other hand, though, I have twice Dragonfist's speed and much better control.

So here's the plan. I'm going to run away like a coward and try to lure Dragonfist into the hazards somehow. When that almost certainly fails because Rocket isn't an idiot, I'll switch it up, raise my weapon (activating deadmau5 mode) and go on the offensive. We'll go weapon to weapon, and if I'm very lucky this will cause some damage to a flail that causes Dragonfist to become unbalanced. From there, I might be able to use the battered and bruised remains of Psychosis to win on control or something. I'll never know if I don't try, anyway!

Good luck Rocket.