CBC3 LW Week 11: Terpsichora vs. Hobart 2

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

CBC3 LW Week 11: Terpsichora vs. Hobart 2

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:03 am

Bot 1Bot 2
ImageImage
Speed: 5Speed: 7
Traction: 4Traction: 5
Torque: 1Torque: 1
Weapon: 11Weapon: 14
Armour: 9 (+2 front wedge)Armour: 4 (+2 spinnaaaaaaaaaah)

I'M FIRST, PLAY "SOLDIER ANTS" FROM THE HUNTER X HUNTER OST ON THE ORGAN PLEASE.

Going Ken config. Rocket said Hobart’s using its flail and NOT USING ITS FORKS.

She’s almost certainly trying to either snipe my weapon belt or hit the supports. And I’m not gonna lie, I don’t have a 100% reliable way of preventing this. But I can make her regret it.

Spin up and approach cautiously, trying to get an approximately head-on hit. She’s got a 9-7 speed advantage, but worse control and she’ll experience significantly more gyroscopic force than me – plus with her weapon spinning downward, her weapon will tend to make her do forwards turns and close the distance instead of giving her time to adjust. Try to make big turns to come in at a high closing speed.

If we hit weapon-to-weapon her flails will either hit my teeth first, otherwise hit my discs, or hit the drum body (all have weapon armor), taking some energy out of her weapon. The teeth that don’t make contact will be moving faster than the rest of the weapon and may briefly “wrap around” on their chains, decreasing their radius and making it harder to snipe anything with them. Meanwhile the knockback, even if it’s less than a solid spinner, will still pop her in the air – and with her weapon’s larger radius it’ll also pull her into me even faster.

She might hit something vulnerable, she might not. But she can take the belt off, she can take the shaft collars off, she can break off the metal above the shafts, but she can’t make my KE or the bots’ closing speed disappear. She’s still getting hit, either on her own weapon supports, on her baseplate if she’s popped up enough, or on her shaft (which again with her taller bot will pull her in and get her chassis hit). She MIGHT break my weapon, she WILL break her own weapon, and possibly get gut-ripped. 9 corner damage FTW.

After the first hit, if my weapon’s still working, go for followups and stay on her till she’s in bits. If only hers is working, be a wedge and use the drisc as armor, try to kill her with the hazards. If both our weapons are dead, I have a wedge and she doesn’t. Push her around, try to get her to the Pipe Organ. It does 4 damage to her. Be careful with this though since the spike could also flip me over.

GL HF

Rocket

Re: CBC3 LW Week 11: Terpsichora vs. Hobart 2

Post by Rocket » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:42 pm

Terpsichora is a really well-designed machine, and one of the strongest robots in my LW division. Let's cause an upset. =]

Oh, and here's Hobart's organ music. Hit it, Joe!

So, Terpo's using the Ken config, with the beefed-up front wedge. This is why I opted to run flails... and run without my wedgelets. This isn't a battle that's going to be decided by who has the better wedge, but by who gets those key hits. And Hobart can get those key hits. See, there's nothing in the design of Terpsichora's Ken config that allows the wedge to block overhead shots. Nothing at all. That means Hobart's flails, when spun downwards, can strike at that delicious 7-armour top part and smash up the top panel, presumably dealing a load of internal damage as well. That in mind, here's the battle plan.

At the start of the battle plan, spin up and position myself aggressively, trying to get Terpsichora to make the first move. I've got quite a lot of spinning mass on the front of my machine, and it's time to use that to my advantage. I've done some research into how gyro forces work for downward-spinning weapons (read: watching a bunch of megatRON fights), and spinning down means it's going to pull me into turns a lot more. That means one thing: angling in really, really quickly. I'll bait HFL into an attack on my flank, then countercharge and turn hard towards him. That should mean I get a bunch of good hits on his top armour, and even mash a wheel if I'm lucky. They take double damage in this ruleset, so that's a straight 14 points to one of the wheels. That's it destroyed in one hit. If I do snipe one, lay off and let the judges count him out unless he can show movement, in which case bide my time and spin up to deliver another hit to his exposed area. If I don't hit one, that's a whole bunch of damage he just took. Get away via my superior speed whilst spinning up and reset, then try and go on the offensive.

I want to avoid weapon-to-weapon hits, but if I have to I'll take one. It won't be so bad - Hobart only takes 1 damage to the flail drum and 4 shock damage (it rounds down), while Terpsichora takes 3 damage and 3 shock. The drisc is just the hardest target on Terpsichora and it's wasted damage. However, it's just that - a drisc. In terms of width, it's quite small compared to the bot's total width, which means my flails have a much greater chance of striking the top with the strategy outlined above. Sure, it's risky, but the potential reward is massive. =]

Obligatory "don't drive like a curry shart" comment here.

This should be a pretty fun fight. Good luck, HFL, and have fun. =]
TEAM WORST SWORDSMAN
"The world's best swordsman doesn't fear the second-best; he fears the worst swordsman, because he can't predict what the idiot will do."

Active Roster:-
VEXED!
LW: TRILOBITE! (1-0) (Lifetime: 3-4)

Cherry Bomb Classic 4
MW: DRAGONFIST (6-1) (Lifetime: 15-9)
HW: TABOR MARK 4 (4-3) (Lifetime: 12-14)

Full Roster
Lifetime Figures: 42-51 (0.452)