CBC3 MW Week 11: Manglerfish vs. Lethal Carriageway

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

CBC3 MW Week 11: Manglerfish vs. Lethal Carriageway

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:00 am

ManglerfishLethal Carriageway Mk3
ImageImage
Speed: 6Speed: 7
Traction: 5Traction: 7
Torque: 2Torque: 3
Weapon: 10Weapon: 1
Armour: 7Armour: 12

I’M FIRST, PLAY DAVY JONES’ THEME ON THE ORGAN PLEASE

FOUR-PRONGED PLOW PLEASE.

Okay, LC’s well-armored. I can get through it in 12 seconds, and threaten a KO in 15.

If one of us isn’t on the other’s wedge, always stay on the attack, and try to get under him from any angle I can. He doesn’t say his wedge is hinged or mention any pressing ability on his lifter. If it’s static I can get under it pretty much always. If it’s hinged, it’s 80/20 my favor. If his forks can press it won’t help him much because they don’t reach past the rest of the wedge and I should usually be able to get my forks under that. Keep him away from my sides. Keep the saw spun up and the arm raised at about a 60-degree angle.

If I’m wedged, spin away. His lifter only has 1 speed: he won’t be able to lift me enough to high-center me quickly, and if he tries to use it as a clamp it won’t come down quickly either. If I wedge him, his effective torque’s 1-½ so I’ll be able to push him around. Force him to the nearest wall, trying to follow attempts to back off me, and immediately bring the saw down and keep him there until the pin timer expires. If it’s a minute in and I haven’t gotten through his armor yet, start digging the saw in BEFORE getting to the walls: hopefully he won’t be shifted too much by the impact and I can take advantage of the longer time limit for a dynamic pin. If he raises his forks and that’s making it difficult for me to get the saw in, then aim the blade straight for the forks. I’ll still be able to cause some damage to those.

If he clamps me... drop the saw! I have four prongs and not three for a reason, and the arm has enough range of motion to bring the blade a couple inches below my own wedge. He’ll just be holding himself in place for me to cut into. Meanwhile, try to steer us away from the arena hazards.

The hazards won’t really damage him, but see if I can get him flipped over with them. His wedge will be much less effective when inverted – if it’s static his forks will be the only thing that can touch the floor at all.

GL HF

British-Robotics

Re: CBC3 MW Week 11: Manglerfish vs. Lethal Carriageway

Post by British-Robotics » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:35 pm

I am much quicker than my opponent so I should be able to do some angling, however I am aware that Mangler's saw blade can still damage my armour so I'll need to avoid getting caught with his weapon. I have decent torque power to push around Magler at the side pretty decently. Get him to the arena walls with enough force to make Mangler fall sideways.

If I'm wedged from the front just a little, quickly retreat away and avoid getting caught with the saw. Avoid getting caught with the hazards, I will not be using the forks and rely on the entire hinged wedge at the front.

I want to be aggressive and not allow Mangler to have a bite on my armour and my tires.

Good luck and may the best robot win.