Final Boss vs. Phantasmic Slammer

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Final Boss vs. Phantasmic Slammer

Post by NWOWWE » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:14 pm

-Man, some call the AARP cause I'm pretty sure the combined age of these two bots is more than the age of the average member at this point :P

-I'm giving up a little speed, but not enough to be a total dealbreaker I would imagine. Ideally I'd like to use the unique arena layout to my advantage and see if I can catch him coming around a corner to make it easier to outwedge him. If I can get solidly under him, try to flip him over straightaway since that'll make it easier to get under him in subsequent attempts.

-The ideal plan would be to incorporate the murdersaw for maximum pain and damage, but I don't want to completely sell out for that. Take whatever presents itself just try to keep him on the ropes as much as I can. Outside of the murdersaw (and the chute) there's probably not much chance of a KO ending for either of us, so it'll come down to control the fight better than he can.

-Just focus on keeping my front facing him. With this being a more cramped arena, there won't be a lot of charging so I'll need to really work on those close quarter jukes and fakeouts if I have trouble wedging him outright.

-Get in a lot of flips and use hazards whenever I can.

Good Luck!
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Badnik96

Re: Final Boss vs. Phantasmic Slammer

Post by Badnik96 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:08 am

Use my extra speed to angle in on his front skirts and sneak under, then get him over to the murdersaw. jhook away if he gets under but i should have the wedge advantage so who knows

if the murdersaw is not an option then just flip and keep flipping. Avoid the hazards on my own end. Keep an eye on his movement and look for patterns to exploit so I can get that opening.

also avoid the chute because pits r teh lame

glhf
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ