CBC HW Week 10 - Golden Blaze vs Dreadnought

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Mystic2000
Team: Myst Inc

CBC HW Week 10 - Golden Blaze vs Dreadnought

Post by Mystic2000 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:32 pm

welp, that's gonna be fun, considering i run a helicopter HS the amount of IQ required for this fight won't get past the 2 digit mark, just get up to speed, steer away from the fuckloads of hasards this fucking arena is filled with, and try to get torwards the side rather than just charging head-on and hope to clip some of the few vertical edges he got and see if you can get a few big hits, considering how crammed with shit this arena is, i may even recoil him into a hasard which will also add a bit of damage to him, and if that happens several times, or if the Murdersaw joins the party, it could either cripple or outright kill him, so yeah that's the gist of it, avoid hasards, get up to speed, try to catch edges along the sides, and hope he recoils into hasards and shit

GL HF

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Re: CBC HW Week 10 - Golden Blaze vs Dreadnought

Post by GF93 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:38 pm

Solid Wedge Tip.

______
STAT COMPARISON
Golden Blaze
Speed: 5
Traction: 2
Torque: 1
Weapon: 15 (Horizontal Bar Spinner)
Armour: 7

Dreadnought MK4
Speed: 7
Traction: 6
Torque: 3
Weapon: 3 (Low Pressure Front-Hinged Flipper)
Armour: 11
______
Golden Blaze has a vicious-looking bar and decent speed, so I'll have to be careful not to get clipped by it. However, it does have several big flaws; most notably the traction-to-drive/weapon ratio. He'll be difficult to keep under control even when the weapon isn’t turning, and it makes him even more susceptible to being angled in to with his flat-sided wedge teeth. He has no reliable means of damaging my wedge directly or self-righting, and I not only have the armour to resist it mostly, but my drivetrain outclasses GB's entirely.

I'll want to be aggressive and take as much advantage of the environment as I can. Move out quickly, keep the front facing him, and approach the sides/corners from the opposite direction to which his bar's turning to minimise damage. Force my way under, flip him over, then get attacking from there; copy his movements if he tries driving off to stop him escaping, and only fire when I'm definitely underneath.

From there, stay on the attack constantly to stop him escaping or recovering; keep underneath and him flipped as much as possible, actively interfere with any attempts to self-right by ramming into him and forcing him into the walls/corners/hazards, herding him near those respective areas to give him as little room as possible to spin up, squashing him into the walls to wear down the clock, and making as much use of the hazards – especially the axes/hacksaws — as I can. If I can get him within range of the OOTA zone without being in danger from the Murdersaw, by all means flip him out. Or if I can get him flipped and unable to self-right, force him under the axes or onto the Pit, then quickly hit one of the nearby switches from the sides of the rollers to drop him in! However I do it though, plenty of potential to kill him with the hazards.

Defence is the aggressive kind; constantly taking the fight to him to stop him manoeuvring/spinning up. Keep the front to him, conserve my gas for OOTA attempts or popping him back over after righting himself, and keep a good berth from the hazards/house bots when not using them myself. Only approach the rollers/switches from the sides to avoid getting stuck, and only flip when I'm definitely underneath and his weapon is slowed/stopped.

Good luck!