CBC SHW Week 10: Starfish Prime vs. Black Mamba:

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

CBC SHW Week 10: Starfish Prime vs. Black Mamba:

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:16 am

STATS

STARFISH PRIME:

Speed: 4 Traction: 3 Torque: 1 Weapon: 15 Armor: 7

BLACK MAMBA:

Speed: 6 Traction: 5 Torque: 4 Weapon: 4 Armor: 11

CURVED BAR CONFIG.

Ugh... this arena. Welp, I’ll make the most of it.

Start upright (i.e. undercutter). Get spun up and move out to just past the murdersaw trigger. He can’t box rush here, so he’ll probably go for the triggers himself. I’ve got a guaranteed full-speed hit: try to use that to tear the teeth off his lifter.

After this use hit-and-run tactics, and ALWAYS keep in mind the potential ricochet angles and try to position myself to prevent him from knocking me into the pit or murdersaw. Note though that my blade is likely to bounce off the raised edges of the murdersaw track unless I’m totally airborne. He only has an 8-6 speed advantage so he can’t totally bully me around. He’s probably going to trip the hazards, so try to use that to my advantage by ducking behind them to buy myself extra time to spin back up.

Meanwhile, I have a dangerous weapon. Keep hitting him with it: I can definitely remove his forks, and I can tear holes in his frontal armor with every full-speed hit. Get rid of his lifter teeth, and after that try to swing my blade out to target te side skirts: I can potentially jam the hinges, tear them off, or just plain mangle them. If I can juke sideways to hit the skirts’ edges, go for that as well. Note: his front’s made up of several panels that, if torn off, could expose the adjacent ones to corner damage.

If I end up inverted, time for a ballsy strategy. My blade will sit at a slight angle, and be higher up at my sides, possibly enough to go over his low-profile chassis. Expose the side where the tooth is moving forward to him, let him push under, then turn to face him and let the blade hit his top. This could hit either his skirt hinges or his front wheels. If this isn’t working, then just go for head-on attacks.

Basically, beat the snot out of him until he breaks, and avoid getting smothered or killed by the arena hazards while doing it.

Good Luck etc.

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Re: CBC SHW Week 10: Starfish Prime vs. Black Mamba:

Post by GF93 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:03 pm

______
STAT COMPARISON
Starfish Prime
Speed: 4
Traction: 3
Torque: 1
Weapon: 15 (Undercutting Spinner with rounded bars)
Armour: 7

Black Mamba
Speed: 6
Traction: 5
Torque: 4
Weapon: 4 (Electric Lifting Arm with Rack-and-Pinion Forks)
Armour: 11
______
This’ll be tough; but not impossible! Starfish Prime has the deadly undercutter that can do plenty of damage. However, I've got rounded-off corners and armour decent enough to hold him back, by far the stronger drivetrain – especially with my high torque/acceleration to keep him from getting up to speed as much – and whilst the fangs can be damaged, they can't be bent upward; so I’ll always have a means of getting under. The most important flaw is in the weapon; when he’s flipped, his disc will be too tall to hit my chassis easily, possibly even at all. So if I turn him over even once, that'll take away a lot of his effectiveness.

Play it strategically to get him flipped; then more aggression from there. Move out, watch where he comes from, and hang near the corner and the sloped Murdersaw rails (avoid the axes!) to bait him. When he gets close, immediately duck into the OOTA zone area so he'll likely clip himself on either the corner/rails; watch where he recoils to, then promptly dive under and flip him. If he doesn't take the bait, attack by keeping the front facing him and ramming him in the opposite direction to which he's spinning to minimise damage and knock him back. Force him into the wall and flip him, or do so immediately if he’s sufficiently slowed/stopped. Get the one flip I need; as a last resort, have the house bots do it!

When attacking, take advantage of his weakened attack power and be super-aggressive. Keep underneath and shoving, copy his movements if he tries monster-trucking off, keep him near and squash him into the walls to wear down the clock, and use the Axes/Hacksaws to deal damage. Stick close constantly, turn him back over immediately if he rights himself, only use the house bots if he's undercutting, and if the opportunity comes to hit switches, hit them by forcing him past the rollers; stay nearby, let him get off, then immediately scoop him up and pit him.

On defence; be in contact /underneath constantly, herd him near walls and chase him down if he runs away to stop him spinning up, keep the front facing him and myself away from hazards when I'm not using them myself. Don’t raise the arm unless I'm definitely underneath, be relentlessly aggressive, and constantly take the fight to him.

Good luck!