CBC3 HW Week 10: Compound Fracture vs. Long Arm of the Law:

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

CBC3 HW Week 10: Compound Fracture vs. Long Arm of the Law:

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:38 am

STATS

COMPOUND FRACTURE:
Speed: 7 Traction: 6 Torque: 3 Weapon: 3 Armor: 11 (+1 wedge assembly)

LONG ARM OF THE LAW:
Speed:6 Traction:4 (+1) Torque:4 Weapon:4 Armor:12

FORKS CONFIG.

All right, seems like another... WEDGE FIGHT. We’ve got equal control, I’m a little faster, and he has the torque advantage, but it’ll only matter if our wedges get locked together. Our wedges are basically dead-even, with one important difference: pressing his lifter won’t do a thing for him since it doesn’t reach beyond his unpowered wedgelets at all, and if the bots are at ANY angle to each other those will be what my forks contact first. I can get a 70/30 wedge advantage if I press the lifter.

Start by rushing my side’s murdersaw trigger, and if he doesn’t push his try to push it for him in the next 30 seconds. Take the fight to him aggressively, mixing between pressing my lifter just before impact and trying to get angle in on the angled sides of his wedgelets. If he gets underneath me it’ll mostly be just be forks, so back off, lower the lifter, and try again. Same goes for if our wedges get “locked” somehow. Avoid engaging him at angles where I can’t back off without going into an arena hazard.

If I get under him, push hard and try to lift him a little, preferably at an angle so it rolls him sideways. Try to follow his attempts to J-hook off me. Get him into the murdersaw if possible, otherwise the choppers or just the wall. Flip him over if he keeps getting off my wedge: he won’t be that slow to self-right but he’ll still have to do it and then lower his lifter again.

With the extra damage vulnerability of treads, the murdersaw should be able to break one with a hit in the right place – not sure about the choppers. If this happens, hit both pit release triggers (he can’t chase me down and stop me on one track) and carefully try to get him down it. Otherwise only open the pit if there’s under a minute left and he’s either caused non-cosmetic damage to me or has been on top for most of the fight – then go for the ballsy KO. Avoid the housebots, don’t fall for dumb baiting.

Good Luck etc.

Nighthawk87

Re: CBC3 HW Week 10: Compound Fracture vs. Long Arm of the Law:

Post by Nighthawk87 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:31 am

This'll be tough, but I could squeak this out if I play it right.

To start things off we'll start near the axes and work Compound Fracture towards them. Specifically we'll try to get CF's wheels hit by the axes since they're the weakest part of him. Once the wheel has been struck we'll work to take advantage of their gimpy wheel and get the other one on the same side. With two damaged wheels on one side he won't be maneuvering right, and in that moment we'll work to end the fight. We'll press the switch for either the pit or the murdersaw and try our best to feed him into it. If it doesn't look like he's going in, we'll bait him back to the axes and try to get a third wheel damaged. And from then we'll work on getting the final wheel and just leave him where he is.

Backup plan will be to chuck him into the log rollers and shove him around whenever he skids out of it. And after he gets out, feed him into one of the house bots.

That's all I got for strats, best of luck Lexan!
Nighthawk Robotics

REDDIT
Tick Tock 2-4

Cherry Bomb Classic 3
Jawsome 1-5
Long Arm of the Law 4-3

REDDIT 2
Sherman 3-2

Cherry Bomb Classic 4
Long Arm of the Law 2-3