CBC3 HW Week 10: Petaflare vs Coup de Grâce IV

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

CBC3 HW Week 10: Petaflare vs Coup de Grâce IV

Post by Trihunter » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:27 am

PetaflareCoup de Grâce IV
ImageImage
Speed: 5Speed: 5
Traction: 4Traction: 3
Torque: 1Torque: 1
Weapon: 13 (12 crusher/1 srimech)Weapon: 13
Armour: 6 (Effective 10 on crusher & wedge) Armour: 8 (+2 front including the spheres on the sides)
Config: StandardConfig: N/A
To put it simply, ANGLE IN. Get out from the corner into the middle area of the arena, curve in and angle in on the approach. The idea is to slip under CdG's wedge via getting under it at an angle, which both lets us crush the squishy innards behind the plow for a monstrous 8 damage, perhaps busting the hammer in the process (or through the wedge for 4 if the angles work out like that), whilst simultaneously using our 10 armour crushing arm as a hammer blocker. Considering the length of its arm, if we can close in and get under CdG, it's got no way to strike us. The first crush is likely to mess something up, but just in case, run them into the hazards for bonus damage and control points. Priorities include opening up the log chute (perhaps dump them down there if they just won't die) or tossing them onto the rollers if pin time runs out. Considering the position of the tail and wheels, a head-on beaching shouldn't be too uncommon, giving us full control. Once we have to let go, back up and repeat the angling in process, providing they aren't beached on the rollers entirely. Try to get in so close that they can't reasonably strike us, using the taller parts of the chassis as hammer blockers. If they out-wedge us somehow, J-hook off whilst we still have control and try again. A strike from the side is preferred to one from the front, though don't try for it especially hard. Just focus on angling in, wedge-breaking, and crushing for a bazillion damage.

Best of luck to the opposition.
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

Wolf51-50

Re: CBC3 HW Week 10: Petaflare vs Coup de Grâce IV

Post by Wolf51-50 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:25 pm

Forks on the front

Angry waifu crusher thing.

I honestly wonder why he decided to go with the standard config. He's all 6 armor except for the crusher and green part of the wedge, which is 10. I deal 4 damage to the 10 armor pieces and 8 on the body, wings, not green part of the wedge, etc.

Keep him fully in front of me. Because he's probably going to want avoid the hammer completely (especially with his 6 armor lulz), he's probably gonna angle in. There's no way he's gonna crush me in time by wedging me head on. I don't see why else he'd want to fully expose himself like that, unless he thinks the armor will really hold up. Here's the problem if he angles in: if you look at Petaflare's wheel base, it is far narrower than Coup's. Trying to turn with a short turning circumference and a long wedge won't work as well as turning with a shorter wedge and wider turning circumference.

If I wedge him, or have him close enough in front that he can't escape in time, fire the hammer. As long as it hits something solid, it should compromise Petaflare in some way. If he wedges me from an angle and begins to crush, fire the hammer to shake free. The force of the hammer should swing me right out of the way. If he crushes down, try to drive off and continue swinging to either shake free and maybe even get some shots on it. With luck, I could even make him flip from the force of the swing. If my weapon is lost, be a wedge and push him into whatever is close. Be careful, but take the shot when given, especially when he is wedged.

Good luck