CBC3 SHW Week 10: Equisde vs OverCleaver

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

CBC3 SHW Week 10: Equisde vs OverCleaver

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:57 pm

EquisdeOverCleaver
ImageImage
Speed: 11Speed: 4
Traction: 12Traction: 1
Torque: 4Torque: 2
Weapon: 1Weapon: 13
Armour: 2Armour: 10(+1 Wedge)
Extended Lifter, no clawThis match is going to be a shitfest
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

Billy5545

Re: CBC3 SHW Week 10: Equisde vs OverCleaver

Post by Billy5545 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:57 pm

Equisde config: Extended lifter without claws

So we are now facing a lifter which decided to go with it's ridiculously long lifter with no claws. However, their armor is ridiculously weak, being literally 2 points, so once our weapon hits, they should get immediately torn to many pieces with 11 damage. It also applies to every part of the bot, including the weapon.

For our strategy, try to go into the center of the arena, and when we encounter them, spin our bot very slightly (as in our controller's drive stick, not how much the bot itself should spin), to prevent oversteering, so our wedgelet will make contact with the lifter if they are basically rushing us. In other words, keep our wedgelets pointed at their lifter. After that, try to get into the side of their lifter, using the gyroscopic force of our weapon, angling in on it. Our wedgelets should be able to get underneath easily, and once it's wedged, it would go to the path of our bar, immediately destroying them and rendering the remains of it ineffective with no wedge. After that, wedge them from any side, either front or side, basically what is the closest to us, and just plow our weapon into their chassis as it disintegrates from 11 damage.

For other notes, when dealing with the hazards, just ignore them as we don't need it, and simply hope that our opponent will get hit into one of them. Also, in case we somehow got overturned, try to spin our bar in order to do the Tornado Mer dance for self righting. The nut in the bar should help with that.

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: CBC3 SHW Week 10: Equisde vs OverCleaver

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:53 pm

So only the forks are on a hinge, thus the rest of the wedge is static 4WD = trash.
If OC somehow gets flipped it has no hope of self righting.
I need to be very careful about not getting hit. If he hits a wall or something the is a change of him bouncing towards me and landing a (un)lucky hit, so watch out for that.
I have a very long lifter (with forks that can press) that shouldn't have any problems to get under that spinner, then the wedge and push him from there. Trying to lift him will probably end up badly for me so don't do it.
I don't need to mention that i have a massive drivetrain advantage. Why does OC have 2 torque tho?

For the actual strat i want to be very careful, especially in this arena, i just want to keep my lifter down, carefully get it under his wedge (press if necessary) and push him with it towards any of the hazards or the triggers. Don't mess with the house robots.
I can push him to activate the triggers of the juicy hazards but the he will be in a tricky position to push into them, so if i do it then while he deals with the rollers i want to move to the edges of the U parts of the arena while staying somewhat close and allways facing him so if/when he gets out i can push him towards the middle of the arena, towards the trigger activated hazards.
The Chute is basically an instant win condition while the Murdersaw will deal a lot of damage and, more importantly, has a solid chance of flipping OC, also a win condition.
Pushing him into the other hazards is valid too.
Obviously avoid getting hit myself by any of the hazards or house robots.

I will say this again, be very careful about not getting hit by OC, specially if he is bouncing off a wall or something similar.
Avoid: Driving like an idiot, getting hit by the spinner, getting myself in the area of any hazard, mistakes, the entire house robot area, losing, getting outsmarted by a BS strat that Billy might somehow come up with.
GL HF
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53