CBC3 HW Week 10: Pendulum II vs Something Something Cluster Bot

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

CBC3 HW Week 10: Pendulum II vs Something Something Cluster Bot

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:52 pm

Pendulum II2x Something
ImageImage
Speed: 6Speed: 9
Traction: 5Traction: 8
Torque: 1Torque: 3
Weapon: 12Weapon: 3(2/2/2)
Armour: 6Armour: 1
:VAnti face plant attachment: ON
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

British-Robotics

Re: CBC3 HW Week 10: Pendulum II vs Something Something Cluster Bot

Post by British-Robotics » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:17 am

My opposition are clusterbot's and have armour made out of paper but they are very nippy opponent, fortunately my robot has an axe weapon that should have a decent range to cause serious damage to the top armament. And since they're omniwheel drive it'll be a bit of a hassle.

I want to be quite careful not to fire my axe aimlessly and hit the wooden floor, so I'm going to angle in and in underneath the side of one of the cluster bot's and fire my axe straight away if I successfully manage to get under.

I have no chance in pushing my opponent's about, I just ned to be patient and just aim for the top armament of my opponent. avoid the hazards at all cost.

Good luck and may the best robot win :).

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: CBC3 HW Week 10: Pendulum II vs Something Something Cluster Bot

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:25 pm

His hammer can't hit from behind.
This fight is similar to Hellfire's: same arena, similar stats, small effective area of weapon.
The main relevant differences with that fight are that Pendulum accelerates slower and his hammer has a smaller hit area but it WILL kill me in one hit, avoid it at all costs.

So lets play the same plan:
Have one of the Something lift it's weapon while the other grabs it from behind, then use it as an extension thing to reach the Chute trigger while ignoring the rollers. Then pull out, split, get past the opponent and do the same for the other Chute trigger, opening the pit permanently.
Lets add a little difference: when i split up to get past Pendulum (if i need to get past it) i wont through with both bots at once, instead one will tease doing it while to other actually goes around it, being very careful about not getting hit. If Pendulum turns to face the bot on his side, then the other something will get past it i will continue on my mission to press both triggers but if he faces the Something that stayed behind, the other one will rush to grab Pendulum from behind and push it towards the pit or the other trigger, whatever is closer.
Anyways after getting both triggers pressed, engage phase 2:

One of the Somethings will go past Pendulum and now it must chose one of my bots. Whatever Something he isn't facing will quickly run to grab Pendulum anywhere but the front, preferably the rear part, and then go straight for the Log Chute, the other Something can help if it finds a way without risking getting hit. I am perfectly fine with one of the Something falling along with Pendulum if necessary.
If it fails try again, if i keep failing try to mix up a bit the strategy but keep the goal to send Pendulum to the Chute.

Overall, keep the fight in the middle section of the arena as much as possible, avoid the hammer death zone as much as possible, avoid getting myself on any hazards, don't bother with any hazards other than the Log Chute, mandatory don't drive like an idiot, GL HF.
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53