CBC3 Week 9 MW: Axe n' Kill vs Super Youkai Warhead

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Billy5545

CBC3 Week 9 MW: Axe n' Kill vs Super Youkai Warhead

Post by Billy5545 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:48 am

Axe n' Kill: 6/4/1/11 (+1 axe)/8 (+2 wedge)
Super Youkai Warhead: 6/4 (+1 tread)/1/8 (6 saw+arm, 2 clamp)/11

Super Scope 3D setup for our opponent

For this fight, we are confident that we can beat them. We know our tactics, as well as how to deal with them. So, for their weakness, they have an exposed tread, that we can destroy in just one hit or two. In addition, our weapon is also stronger than theirs.

Considering what our wedge is like, we will use what we learn from HFL driving our bot against NKC. Ram them head on in a slightly angled position, getting wedged, but can potentially get our axe lined up with their tread while held. However, if we fail getting our axe lined up, still use the same tactic if we successfully does. For both, keep firing our axe agressively, repeatedly, and constantly, so we will flop around and make it harder for our opponent to attack us, as well as dealing a lot of damage that will stack up as the fight goes. Indeed, we will only deal one damage to their chassis, but it's still damage. However, it will be lethal to their tread due to the +2 damage bonus to tread, so it will be knocked out and disabled in just one or two blows. It will also score aggression points too especially.

Also, when the pinning countdown is out for them and they release us, reposition our bot into an ideal attack position, which is hitting the track. Then repeat the same tactic, whether it's successful or not

If they tried to push us into the hazards while clamping us, don't care much. Keep our relentless assault on them. Also, if we are inverted, try to drive it in a way so it will have a bit of mobility, as well as firing our axe to help by getting the wheels more contact with the ground when the axe is down. Also, try to run our bot into one of the walls or our opponent's clamp to self right

Good luck V900

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Re: CBC3 Week 9 MW: Axe n' Kill vs Super Youkai Warhead

Post by V900 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:51 pm

Super Scope 3D setup.

Okay, so firstly I have to point out that nowhere in his signup post does it say that his weird angled wedges are hinged, so by default I have to assume they're static.

General plan is to use my overhead clamp thing to block his axe (which can't hurt me regardless, but I guess it'll make his robot "jump" a bit more than if I weren't blocking), and my lifter to control him. Pressing lifter vs static wedge is one of the only 100% guaranteed wedge matchups, so there's that.

Aim to clamp and pit him, Avoid the house robots unless I can't get him into the pit at all, do the ol' j-hook trickeroo if I somehow get wedged.

gl hf