CBC3 MW Week 9: Jawsome vs Dragonfist

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Nighthawk87

CBC3 MW Week 9: Jawsome vs Dragonfist

Post by Nighthawk87 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:03 pm

Jawsome (Dustpan)
Speed: 5 Traction: 4 Torque: 4 Weapon: 5 Armor: 12
Dragonfist
Speed: 3 Traction: 1 Torque: 1 Weapon: 16 Armor: 9

Breaking out the dustpan for the first time this tourney! First thing's first, we're never gonna let that thing get up to speed. We're gonna charge shell first right into it. Once he's in our clutches, we'll work our way over to Dr Cadaver and feed the chain part of the flail into his saw. We'll keep him as close to Dr Cadaver as long as possible until one flail is completely sawed off. From then on it's just a matter of guiding the mauler-dancing maniac towards the disposal chute.

If we can't get feed Dragonfist to Dr Cadaver, the lobotomizers are our next best bet. We'll keep them underneath them as long as possible until it looks like something gave the ghost from the repeated drilling.

There's my strat, good luck Rocket!
Nighthawk Robotics

REDDIT
Tick Tock 2-4

Cherry Bomb Classic 3
Jawsome 1-5
Long Arm of the Law 4-3

REDDIT 2
Sherman 3-2

Cherry Bomb Classic 4
Long Arm of the Law 2-3

Rocket

Re: CBC3 MW Week 9: Jawsome vs Dragonfist

Post by Rocket » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:31 am

Okay, this is a bad matchup for us in the worst arena. Jawsome's got 14 armour on its dome and that's going to be mostly where I'm hitting with my flails. Coward strats didn't work last time, so I'm left with no option but to be aggressive. This is a problem because the Fucking Bastard Doors (FBDs) mean I can't go through them easily; not only will they send my flails bouncing around the place, I'm also not completely sure Dragonfist can even fit between them with the flails fully extended. So here's the plan.

First, we need to get through the FBDs while spinning, which is a tricky prospect. When I'm placing my bot in the arena, line her up perfectly with the middle of the FBDs. Once the match starts, spin up to about half speed while charging through the doors. Once I'm clear, spin up to full and NEVER, EVER STOP. I am putting my faith in the control pole. When Jawsome goes for the inevitable box rush, move at an angle to try and catch his dustpan sides if he closes. I still do 4 damage to those, which isn't nothing, and it beats the hell out of the mere 2 points I'm doing to the shell.

One bonus I've got is that the dome shape of Jawsome means that if I don't get a solid hit with the flails they're just gonna slide over the top, shark fin notwithstanding. It's going to be tricky, but I don't want to give him a chance to shove me into the hazards without taking a bunch of flail hits first. There's also the fact that he's only sporting 5 speed; 7 units vs. 5 isn't really enough to smother a spinner, and I have to use that to my advantage with tricksy driving. When he's rushing in, I need to lurch off at unpredictable angles, forcing him to turn and make him spend longer in the flails' area of effect. Every second spent turning away and making him turn to follow me is a second I'm not getting wedged or having half a shark jammed down my neck. Which isn't fun, let me tell you. And is also why I'm banned from SeaWorld.

Obligatory "don't drive like a total spanner" comment here.

Good luck, Nighthawk, and have fun. =]
TEAM WORST SWORDSMAN
"The world's best swordsman doesn't fear the second-best; he fears the worst swordsman, because he can't predict what the idiot will do."

Active Roster:-
VEXED!
LW: TRILOBITE! (1-0) (Lifetime: 3-4)

Cherry Bomb Classic 4
MW: DRAGONFIST (6-1) (Lifetime: 15-9)
HW: TABOR MARK 4 (4-3) (Lifetime: 12-14)

Full Roster
Lifetime Figures: 42-51 (0.452)