CBC3 MW Week 9: JEVIL vs Vortex 3

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

CBC3 MW Week 9: JEVIL vs Vortex 3

Post by Trihunter » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:08 pm

JEVILVortex 3
ImageImage
Speed: 9Speed: 6
Traction: 8Traction: 5
Torque: 1Torque: 2
Weapon: 0Weapon: 7 (Lifter: 5 / Drum: 5)
Armour: 12Armour: 10 (+1 front wedge)
Config: Rainbow wheelsConfig: N/A
Let's keep it simple. Get out of the doorway ASAP, spin like a lunatic and get in as many hits on Vortex as possible. Vortex literally can't do anything to us, so just go for raw aggression points, getting in as many hits as possible and giving them no space. Keep harassing them throughout, striking often. Avoid hazards where possible (if Jevil even fits in the hazards), and just keep pressuring where possible for a favoured JD.

tl;dr: Aggression incarnate

Best of luck to the opposition.
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

Noisy
Team: Square Go Robotics

Re: CBC3 MW Week 9: JEVIL vs Vortex 3

Post by Noisy » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:40 am

I hope the pictures aren't to scale otherwise this will be more like Pulsar v Gabriel than I thought. I am going to use my manoeuvrability to my advantage to avoid his axe and attack his wheels. He won't be moving when he swings his axe over so he can't use his 9 speed to avoid my rams. He also has 1 torque and 9 speed so his acceleration is going to be slow if he tries to avoid them. Both our armours is strong enough to negate each other attacks.

At the start, reverse out the doors so I don't get my wedge stuck underneath it and start with the drum already launched. It's going to stay out for most of the match so I have some height to use to push him. Spin the drum and charge for one of his wheels. Then turn and ram the drum into the side of his wheels. Keep turning and ramming into the sides of his wheels to get aggression and control points. Try to push him towards the hazards and house robots. If he does try to line up a shot, use my screw drive to jink sideways so he'll miss.