CBC3 SHW: I Dance Crabcore, Motherfucker! vs. Lifter 2: Electric Boogaloo

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

CBC3 SHW: I Dance Crabcore, Motherfucker! vs. Lifter 2: Electric Boogaloo

Post by The Monsterworks » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:52 pm

Long Name Bots

I Dance Crabcore, Motherfucker!: 6/5/2/7 (5/5)/10 (+1 claws)

Vs.

Lifter 2: Electric Boogaloo: 7/6/3/3/11

Okay, so this fight is going to be all about adjustment. He has a slight (one point) edge in all drive categories, meaning that he’s faster and a bit pushier and we have equal control. He also has pretty stout armour that will take me a long time to slice into (though his tracks are nice and vulnerable) and a lifter equal to my saw arm that he could use to try blocking it.

He has some key weaknesses, though, and I have some key advantages that I intend to exploit. For starters, his lifter doesn’t have a lot of depth and isn’t much of an OOTA threat. More importantly, if you look at his bot, he has virtually no ground clearance and will high-center himself if he presses. I’m not so easy to high-center and, with my claws closed in front of me, my weight’s resting on their projecting spikes. I have a toothed 2WD wedge to his equivalent flat hinged wedge. My omni-drive should allow me to keep it somewhat reliably facing him while maneuvering despite his marginal drive advantage. I also don’t have much control surface, but I shouldn’t need it. He’ll be high-centered if wedged.

If I’m under him, push him into a wall and keep him pinned for a second or two. Rapidly open the claws and keep pushing forward, then close them around his sides immediately, clamping him. Bring the saw down as quickly as possible and, if my little chin wedges get under him, keep pushing him along so it’s a moving pin. Saw the entire time. If it’s a stalemate or he’s under me, keep sawing anyways, it’s a dead heat between his lifter and my saw arm. If he raises it too quickly then, hell, slip my saw under it. If wedged or outpushed, push back to slow him, prioritizing side-to side juking that’ll force him to adjust and jerk us around a bit, but let him push me slowly if he has the upper hand, so it remains a moving pin.

Generally, keep my front facing him, watch for angling, avoid the OOTA areas just in case, unexpectedly win the wedge war (even easier if he starts using his lifter to block), self-right when needed, and saw no matter what, into his tracks, his chassis, and his lifter in order of priority. Saws can do damage!

GL, my dude!
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

Hiicantpk

Re: CBC3 SHW: I Dance Crabcore, Motherfucker! vs. Lifter 2: Electric Boogaloo

Post by Hiicantpk » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:04 pm

Figures I face Crabcore in an arena with NO FUCKING HAZARDS REEEEEE

I see omni wheels, and considering I both have treads and have higher torque, I'm gonna play the push-n-shove game. Whats important though is keeping my treads safe.

Start out with a box rush. Its a big arena but still. Crabcore has less speed than me and I have a perfect control ratio with my treads, so It'll be tough to get to my sides to clamp and saw. Keep my front lifter pointed at him and slightly raised. I want to either jam my lifter into their saw or into the arm its mounted on. This can either hold the saw up off my bot or just slow/damage the saw itself (trying to saw into very hard material can be yikes). Once this is the case, I don't really care if he clamps me, I have higher torque and can push him around even if hes grabbed around my bot.

Try my best to move the fight into the corner of the arena. I think my best chance of winning this is to OOTA, and with a low wall and my lifter it may just be possible. Either press to get under the arms/body and lift/push or use the rear hinged wedge to hook around/under the arms and push under.

Otherwise just try my best to keep my lifter between the saw and my treads and bully them around to the best of my abilities.
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57