Chimera vs Hellfire

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Chimera vs Hellfire

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:46 am

Hellfire: Speed: 6 / Traction: 5 / Torque: 2 / Weapon: 6 / Armour: 11

Chimera: Speed: 8 / Traction: 6 / Torque: 2 / Weapon: 5 / Armor: 9 (+1 front) - USING ALT FORKS (https://i.imgur.com/5utnPeN.jpg)

___________________________________________________________________________________

I lose head-on no matter the config, but he has a major weakness I can exploit - the tongue is neither removable nor hinged, which means that the tip of it is the only actually effective wedge on his robot. this means that I should just use the longest reach front I have (which is this one), to give me the best chance to successfully angle in. otherwise, I have the drivetrain needed to act on this advantage, and my 6WD should keep me more stable and maneuverable than his 2WD, especially in close quarters.

General plan is balls deep aggression - he wins poke games, I win if I can keep him from being able to react to things. constantly be angling in, pressuring his sides, and forcing him to have to swing around that long front over and over again. avoid oversteering when possible by having a clear plan of attack before engaging: always try to be the one on top.

if I am put on the back foot, yeet it backwards (or forwards, wherever is safe) out of there: full reset, unless I can see a quick way to get under him. force a re-engage from the neutral, never try to crawl back from a disadvantaged state, ESPECIALLY near OOTA zones.

there are 3 main places to flip him into.
1) literally anywhere: he can't drive inverted, has good wedge escaping capabilities, and has limited flips (I DON'T: on board compressor!), and I can still chain a few flips effectively before I need to recompress. flipping whenever I do get under him lets me press the advantage - and maybe set up a scenario where he does end up stuck on my wedges.
2)OOTA zones : duh. the shape of my forks might also assist in a ramming OOTA, if I'm low on pressure by the time we make it over there.
3) any wall: there's a gap between the base of the wall and the inner lexan, see if I can get his front stuck in it.

GL