CBC3 SHW Week 8: Cruelty vs. Final Boss

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

CBC3 SHW Week 8: Cruelty vs. Final Boss

Post by attackfrog » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:22 pm

RobotCrueltyFinal Boss
Stats8 Speed
7 Traction
4 Torque
1 Weapon
10 Armor (+2 ram/forks/plow)
Speed: 7
Traction: 6
Torque: 2
Armor: 10
Weapon: 5
Entry Postviewtopic.php?f=9&t=8773&start=15#p70769viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8773&start=15#p70765

Dang, it's only week 8 and I'm already at the Final Boss. Badum pssshh. Cruelty has got its forks on again.
This arena has no hazards whatsoever
ack.

Well, time for an exciting three minutes of wedging then I guess.

Cruelty's unquestionably got the better wedging ability here. Cruelty has got Forks that I can press against a flat hinged wedge or a flipper that's equivalent to a hinged wedge at best. So I'll be getting underneath every time or nearly so and then using my superior torque to push Final Boss around.

Now, you say, Final Boss actually has an active weapon and all you have is some 1 weapon lifter bullshit. Fair, however an active weapon means nothing if you can't use it. The only way that flipper is going to be flipping Cruelty is if it gets to the side or back, which it won't since Cruelty is faster and I'll be driving to prevent that, or if it is in a sweet spot in the front where the flipper is under the front part of Cruelty's chassis but Cruelty's forks aren't yet under Final Boss. This won't be happening either, as I'll be shoving in at top speed. If Cruelty does somehow get flipped, I can lower the front wheels to where they're touching the ground again and continue driving around as before.

My gameplan is this: hyperaggression, all the time. I'll zoom in, take Final Boss Head on (or whatever side is open) and push it as aggressively as I can manage into the wall or something. If I get a particularly good wedging, I'll try lifting up the front of my robot (by lowering my front wheels) to make it harder for Final Boss to escape me. I expect Final Boss to do its best to get away, but I'm confident I'll be able to chase it down again and wedge it before it can get very far.

Good luck Josh!

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Re: CBC3 SHW Week 8: Cruelty vs. Final Boss

Post by NWOWWE » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:22 pm

-Well gee, this should be exciting. With no hazards to work with it's just going come down to trying to control the fight more than him.

-So with him having pressing forks I'll need to be a bit proactive and try to use angle-in tactics for everything they're worth. The upshot is that even if I get outwedged I'm still not in any immediate danger. Yeah he out torque's me, but the forks aren't insanely long so he probably can't get under my main chassis. J-Hooking away shouldn't be out of the question. Even then, if the worst that happens is getting pinned against the wall a bit, it's not the end of the world.

-All I really need is one decent flip that inverts him to take his forks out of the equation. So basically keep working at anything and everything I can do to get under him and try to flip him. Once I can manage that, the plan will be to get him to the low walls and then try to flip him out.

-If I REALLY have trouble wedging him, then just try to lure him over to the wall and try to work from there.

-If everything else fails, just run into him a bunch and back off and repeat as he's rendered helplessly mystified by my blitz tactics. Who knows, a good wedging opportunity could present itself this way.

Good Luck!
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.