CBC Week 8 HW: Compound Fracture vs. The Trashman

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

CBC Week 8 HW: Compound Fracture vs. The Trashman

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:19 am

Bot 1Bot 2
ImageImage
Speed: 7Speed: 7
Traction: 6Traction: 6
Torque: 3Torque: 3
Weapon: 3Weapon: 2 (1 lifter / 1 clamp / 1 more clamp / 1 flamethrower
Armour: 11 (+1 front stuff)Armour: 11 (+2 plow)

USING FORKS CONFIG.

Rush him at the start and stay aggressive the entire match. For the most part go for head-on attacks. I expect him to probably press his forklift, so initially mix between pressing my own wedge and trying to angle in on the sides of his plow while he presses. However, if he’s rarely or never pressing it, then don’t press mine either. He’ll probably be going for angle-ins himself, so try to juke him by suddenly braking or reversing and see if he’ll expose his side.

Wedge wars are mostly 60-40 one way or the other (my favor if we both either press or don’t press, his if he presses and I don’t) so we’ll both be getting under each other. If I’m wedged head-on, back off and raise my lifter to try to block his clamp, then bring it down as soon as I’m free. If he angles in, just turn in the direction of his push, then reverse and turn forward the opposite direction to try to get to his side. Both parts of his clamp action are SLOW. It’ll be hard for him to grab me. If he does I’m worried about him trying to lift me over the wall, so try and make sure I’m only grabbed by the lifter so my chassis and flop down and still contact the ground. His flamethrower penetrates 3 armor in 30 seconds so it’s a non-factor.

If I wedge him, I can’t high-center him so immediately lift and try to overturn him. His weapon will also be slow as a srimech. Take advantage of this and keep bullying him and pushing him around as he self-rights.

Also, if I have an opportunity to do so without getting attacked (e.g. while he self-rights), smash or overturn the trash cans, or slam him into them. They’re not that dangerous – even if I get stuck on them I can climb off – but they’re free damage points, and he has no way of damaging me.

If I get him trapped in a corner might as well try to lift him over the wall: 1.5ft is low enough that it might work in theory.

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Re: CBC Week 8 HW: Compound Fracture vs. The Trashman

Post by V900 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:56 pm

Hazardless arena, yee haw

We have literally the exact same drivetrain, which is a plus. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that he knows I'm gonna try and angle in on his forks when I can (which I will). Every so often (lets go with a random 1/3 chance), I'll NOT angle in as to throw him off.

Unlike CF, my bot doesn't suffer from losing half it's torque when pressing (assuming the entire tread counts as a wheel, anyhow). Use this to my advantage.

Generally I wanna stay near the center of the arena, which is a phrase I say a lot, but basically anywhere that isn't right next to the OOTA zones is fine by me.

Have the trash cans disperse and follow CF around to be annoying. I won't need them that much in terms of offense since a single grab could potentially lead to an OOTA situation. They're 1 foot high, my forklift goes up at least 2 feet. His lifter will have a hard time OOTAing me even if he does get under. Not only that, but I can use my obnoxiously long piston-arm to try and keep myself in the arena in the absolute worst case scenario.

Keep my overhead arm at a 45 degree angle (0 degrees = fully in front of me) so that it's easier for me to bring it into play. If I wedge him: lift a little, grab and lift more.

Turn 60-90 degrees and back up if I get wedged, my treads poke well out of my backside. Even more than his wheels do.

gl hf