CBC LW Thieving Magpie v Killjoy 3

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Noisy
Team: Square Go Robotics

CBC LW Thieving Magpie v Killjoy 3

Post by Noisy » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:13 pm

Thieving Magpie - https://i.imgur.com/HzY1lTl.png

SPD-7 // TRA-6 // TOR-2 // WPN-5 // ARM-10

Killjoy 3 - https://i.imgur.com/IcxTd1j.png

Speed: 6 / Traction: 4 / Torque: 2 / Weapon: 9 (Saw: 6 / Lifter: 6) / Armour: 9

Shaba117
Team: Team Stealth Productions

Re: CBC LW Thieving Magpie v Killjoy 3

Post by Shaba117 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:22 pm

The Thieving MagpieKilljoy III
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8773#p70753viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8773#p70754
Speed: 7 Speed: 6
Traction: 6 Traction: 4
Torque: 2 Torque: 2
Weapon: 5 Weapon: 9 (Saw: 6 / Lifter: 6)
Armour: 10 Armour: 9
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For this match, I need to make use of my control advantage and use of arena hazards to win this!

First, immediately drive out of my square and start up the ramp-see if Killjoy III does the same. If he starts to come up his side, I'll start driving towards him and with my robot on the downward slope *should* aid in getting my flipper under and popping him. Even if this works, I probably have only the one chance in doing this, as he'll likely not fall for it again (but, hey, I'll try). On level ground, I only have a 40% chance of wedging Killjoy (and not enough speed adv. to angle in). However, even if Killjoy gets its forks under, I can still pop the flipper to free myself before I am lifted off the ground and/or that saw comes down on me. Even if the saw comes down, it will never cause anything more than pretty sparks and scratches on the paint.

In general, keep from getting clamped/lifted/paraded around by Killjoy III. If I expend my gas, spin my wheels to attempt to get out of his grasp. Also, try to employ the hazards-get him over to the either the immobilizers or the flying saucers, without subjecting myself to them.

GL, Noisy!

Noisy
Team: Square Go Robotics

Re: CBC LW Thieving Magpie v Killjoy 3

Post by Noisy » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:35 pm

I'm quicker accelerating and have more versatile weaponry. My thin lifting forks should get under her wide wedge more often and therefore limit the use of her flipper. My saw is good enough to get through her armour.

Plan A - Saw up vertically to the body so I can grab quickly. Rush in and wedge and start sawing. Once I have a good grip, lift up and carry her around into the hazards whilst sawing. Self right quickly with the saw arm if I get flipped.

Plan B - Rush in and saw, lift her up slightly and push into the walls. Flip her over, grab and saw quickly before she can self right. Avoid the hazards.