CBC3 LW Week 7: Phobos Anomaly vs Twin Typhoons

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

CBC3 LW Week 7: Phobos Anomaly vs Twin Typhoons

Post by Trihunter » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:41 pm

Twin TyphoonsPhobos Anomaly
ImageImage
Speed: 13Speed: 4
Traction: 1 (4 whilst meltying)Traction: 1 (+1 tracks)
Torque: 1Torque: 1
Weapon: 1Weapon: 7 (5 saw/5 clamp)
Armour: 8 (+2 thwack teeth)Armour: 9 (+3 clamp)
Cluster wars. Fun. Spin up ASAP, and divert around the ramp. However, both parts will be going together. Hard focus on one cluster part at a time, try to get both parts close at once. If one hit ends up controlled onto the plow, the other should be able to get a strike in on the tracks or anywhere other than the 12 armour part, which if it doesn't kill the thing instantly I'd be impressed. Said 12 armour part is a bit questionable as to if it's a real third, imo, but that's not the point. Just keep both bots spinning, use ludicrous speed to get away if one is spun down somehow and a grab is incoming. If one gets grabbed, have it try to get free on its own, whilst the other goes after the second half of the cluster. A collateral hit would be more likely if we tried it, so don't even attempt it.

tl;dr: one-two punch, Go for advantageous 2-on-1s and avoid the opposite scenario, avoid hazards, keep spinning as much as possible

Best of luck to the opposition.
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Re: CBC3 LW Week 7: Phobos Anomaly vs Twin Typhoons

Post by NWOWWE » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:58 pm

-Going with double clamp since there's two of them as well so each Clamp Bro is going to half to pull their own weight most of the time.

-So send both bros out and see what he's up to. If he's separating his cluster, then send one bro after each thwack and use the high armored clamp to try and tank their spinning, ideally by angling into the direction they are spinning.

-If he's keeping them together and/or playing defensive then send a bro around either side of the center ramp and try to sandwich them between my cluster. Have one of my guys ram the nearest one and see if I can get him to bounce off his own partner. If this looks too risky, then just have both Clamp Bros converge at the same time similar to the above strategy.

-Either way, the goal is ultimately the same: to get them out of thwack mode and able to be clamped by my guys and then try to drag them to a hazard. Ideally both will be done more or less simultaneously so one of them can't try to free the other. Also ideally I'll be taking them to opposite areas of the arena so they don't have chances to try tag team shenanigans. I don't think I'll need to rely on them near as much as he might. Use the saws whenever I'm clamping him so even if I don't get him to a hazard I'm still directly attacking.

-So try to make sure I keep my clamps pointed at him at all times (well pointed at whichever happens to be closest to each Bro at a time). Try to tank the hits as dead on as possible (avoid him getting around the sides of my clamp) and keep him under control as much as I can.

Good Luck!
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.