CBC MW Week 7: Manglerfish vs. Jackal

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

CBC MW Week 7: Manglerfish vs. Jackal

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:41 am

ManglerfishJackal
ImageImage
Speed: 6Speed: 6
Traction: 5Traction: 5
Torque: 2Torque: 4
Weapon: 10Weapon: 3
Armour: 7Armour: 12

Using the four-pronged plow. Alex V said Jackal’s using its normal wedge.

Start the match aggressive, driving around the ramp on the RIGHT side – this will put my back to the spikes and his to the more dangerous saucer whichever squares we start in.

Attack head-on. We’re dead-even on speed and maneuverability. I’ve got a 70-30 wedge advantage normally. He can turn it to 50-50 IN THEORY by pressing, but that’ll reduce his traction and I should be able to angle in past his wedgelets. Also, in practice my prongs are MUCH longer and should be able to get under the non-fork parts of his wedge with ease. Watch out for weird matador moves or baiting using the ramp or being aggressively strategic. If I get wedged, J-turn away. His lifter can’t overturn or high-center me without pushing WAY under and using it front-hinged.

Hold my saw arm up at about a 45-degree angle (0 = down in front), and if I wedge him push in and bring the arm down ASAP. Keep the saw spun up at all times. With his front wheels off the ground we’re dead even on torque. If a tie goes to the guy who got under I should still be able to force him back though, and hold him against either the walls or the steep sides of the ramp. If not, it should still be really hard for him to push me. Spin us around to keep us stalemated and steer myself away from the hazards if he’s overpowering me.

Try to saw into his top either between the parts of his lifter or to either side. The latter, he can’t easily block with his lifter, the former I’ll cut into the little cross-bars and might go through them. I can get through his armor in 12 seconds, threaten a KO in 15, and make sparks and cause cosmetic damage much faster. Getting him pinned that long will be hard, but doable. Only use the hazards if I can’t get a good pin, since the saucer will only do 1 damage.

Always. Be. Attacking. Seriously, aggression and control scores are going to be crucial here.

Good Luck Etc.

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Re: CBC MW Week 7: Manglerfish vs. Jackal

Post by GF93 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:18 pm

Regular setup.
________
STAT COMPARISON

Manglerfish
Speed: 6
Traction: 5
Torque: 2
Weapon: 10 – 3 (Diamond-edged Cutting Saw on moveable arm, and four-pronged plough)
Armour: 7

Jackal
Speed: 6
Traction: 5
Torque: 4
Weapon: 3 (Lifting Scoop and Overhead Bar)
Armour: 12
________

Manglerfish looks tough with that diamond saw and spiked plough. We're near-exact in terms of speed and traction, but I crucially not only have double his torque – which lets me reach my top speed near-immediately and out-push him – but also a pressing wedge, a top bar that can both flip him and interfere with his saw arm as needed, and the sufficient armour to resist the blade quite effectively. All these factors take away a lot of the things he relies on; especially dangerous for him with his low armour!

So I'll want to be on the aggressive right off the bat and force him onto the back foot constantly. Move out quickly, approach from the sides and/or corners of either the chassis/forks, and press down the wedge; making sure to stay out the way of the blade. Force my way under, copy his movements if he tries escaping, and either shoving him back or rolling him over with the top bar depending on if he goes up top. If the latter, immediately follow up by driving under and clamping down on him to stop him self-righting.

In any case, actively take the fight to him and keep him either flipped or myself underneath and away from the blade as much as possible. Keep him herded near the walls/hazards, squash him into walls to wear down the clock, force him into the hazards (especially the flying saucers) to deal damage, and actively interfere with all his attempts to self-right using my scoop and bar to re-flip or clamp down on him and block his bar from moving.

Defence is mostly aggressive – clamping down and/or keeping him flipped to stop him using the arm and limiting his movement – but also being sensible and not opening myself up to attack. Approach away from the front and press down when I get under, avoid hazards unless I'm taking him to them myself, and if he does start to get under and drop the arm, use my torque/acceleration to immediately escape and counterattack. Keep moving and aggressive constantly, and whatever I do, don’t ever let him trap me!

Good luck!