Maudread VS Black Mamba

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Maudread VS Black Mamba

Post by GF93 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:56 pm

______
STAT COMPARISON
Maurdread
Speed: 5
Traction: 3
Torque: 1
Weapon: 14 (Vertical Drum powered by Petrol Engine)
Armour: 7

Black Mamba
Speed: 6
Traction: 5
Torque: 4
Weapon: 4 (Rear-Hinge Electric Lifting Arm)
Armour: 11
______
The main thing to watch for will be that spinning drum, so even with my armour, not getting hit by that will be a priority. Fortunately, I do have him beat considerably in drive; I'm faster, have greater traction and four times his torque in particular, and my acceleration will let me stay on the aggressive and stop him comboing if he does land any hits. My lifter can bypass his wedges by pressing, and with his flat sides, gaps in the frame and awkward self-righting, I can use hazards, keep him flipped, and hook/carry him around.

So here, aggression and control all the way. Move out quickly, press the arm down as I approach, and focus on attacking away from the drum (sides, corners, etc.), ideally from the back to force him to gyro while trying to turn, and then getting under. Lift him over without his drum being able to hit my arm, move in stop him self-righting, and get shoving. Keep the arm down when I'm not underneath, and watch out for any sudden movements.

To attack, stay on the aggressive, keep underneath or him flipped as much as possible, and make as much use of the environment as I can. Force him into the Hammers and Sickles to deal damage – and into the walls/corners to wear down the clock – and if he can be kept flipped in one position against the wall (on his side or his back against it) to stop him fighting himself, then do so. If I can hook him through the wheelguard or another piece of framework, lift him high and carry him around; and if it can go high enough to lift him over the Gulag wall, take him to it and dump him in. Copy his movements if he does try monster-trucking to keep him trapped, limit his movement to the walls/corners and near hazards, and block any escape routes.

Defence mostly means protecting my forks and proactively taking the fight to him. Always keep the front to him, approach away from the drum and keep the arm down whenever I'm not underneath him, stop the drum with the walls/floors before lifting when possible, and actively stop him from self-righting or fleeing whenever I get the upper hand. If he does flip me, don't panic; accelerate away before he hits again, self-right a safe distance away, then resume.

Good luck!