CBC MW WK 5: Jackal vs Harpy

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Shaba117
Team: Team Stealth Productions

CBC MW WK 5: Jackal vs Harpy

Post by Shaba117 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:41 pm

JackalHarpy
Speed: 6Speed: 8
Traction: 5 Traction: 8
Torque: 4 Torque: 3
Weapon: 3 Weapon: 0
Armour: 12 Armour: 11
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a minor speed/traction advantage, but a slight torque disadvantage. Also, this arena is one big open space and with only a few hazards that will do 0-2 damage and no house robots, which potentially makes things more difficult for me.

Start out of my square and immediately rush Jackal and try to anticipate his path. I won’t try to angle in with only a 4mph speed advantage. Instead, use my +3 traction advantage to be able to correct my course to meet Jackal head-on, if at all possible. We are both hinged forks, so it’s a 50/50 chance that one outwedges the other. If it’s me, then shove Jackal over to the nearest hazard or just simply slam him into the wall. There’s nothing that will cause any damage to jackal, either, so this will have to be all aggression from me.

If Jackal gets under me, immediately reverse/J-hook off before he engages his lifter, regroup, and rush him again. Just keep doing this until the end of the match and I can just hope to eek out enough points from the judges.

Other than that, avoid driving under the hazards/driving like an idiot.

GL AlexV!

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Re: CBC MW WK 5: Jackal vs Harpy

Post by GF93 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:44 pm

Regular bar/wedge setup. Also, “In the Garden of Eden" by I. Ron Butterfly for the organ.
______
STAT COMPARISON
Harpy
Speed: 8
Traction: 8
Torque: 3
Weapon: 0 (Hinged Fork Wedges)
Armour: 11 (+2 Front Wedges)

Jackal
Speed: 6
Traction: 5
Torque: 4
Weapon: 3 (Electric Lifting Scoop and Overhead Bar)
Armour: 12
______

This demonic bird has serious speed/defence behind it, so I'll have to fight smart to avoid getting outflanked and slammed. However, I'm still fast enough to keep up and have better torque/acceleration, so I can react more quickly to attack/defend and keep it from getting up to full speed. My scoop can press down to outdo the forks, and the top bar can clamp/hammer for additional control/aggression points and to stop it from monster-trucking. There's not much weight behind each fork and there’s no side wedges/range limiters, making it susceptible to both flanking and folding up under its own body.

Fight aggressively, but be on the lookout for driving stunts and constantly be ready to stop/counter them as they come. Move out quickly and watch what she does; if she rushes me, press down the scoop and reverse; then drop the arm down to flip/clamp her. If she tries flanking, accelerate forward and turn in towards her own side; but be ready to reverse away if necessary. If she hangs back, press down and use my stronger acceleration to close the gap and get the drop on her before she gets up to speed; but beware any sudden movements and dodge/truck accordingly if she does get under. In any case; get under, pin her down with the bar, and get shoving!

Attacking mostly means taking full advantage of my torque and weaponry. Stay underneath and ideally clamping her as much as possible, and use my superior acceleration to chase her down/copy her movements if she tries running away/escaping. Remember that her body is softer than her wedges, so force her into the gargoyles/organ for plenty damage, and keep her clamped/wait nearby to catch her again immediately. Squash her into the walls/corners to wear down the clock and bash her with the axeheads while pinned to score aggression points, and keep her herded near the edges and block any escape routes to nullify the biggest advantage she has!

Defence-wise, be as slippery as possible throughout and don’t let her overwhelm me. Keep my approaches varied and feint if needed to bait her into drawing her attacks, escape in different directions each time she gets under, keep well away from hazards unless using them myself, don’t lift unless she's pinned, and actively take the fight to her; limiting her movement range to stop her getting up to speed.

Good luck!