Cuddle Time! vs The Thieving Magpie

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Cuddle Time! vs The Thieving Magpie

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:17 pm

TM: SPD-7 // TRA-6 // TOR-2 // WPN-5 // ARM-10
CT!: Speed: 7 / Traction: 6 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 7 (5 clamp/5 lifter) / Armor: 9 (+2 front wedge) - USING PLATE

we're gonna be facing off head to head a lot, and I think it's safer to rely on just pressing the plate than it is to try and cheese her with the forks. Her flipper and my clamp have equal weapon power, so she shouldn't be able to force it open. the hazards in this arena are uniquely annoying for a clampbot to try and use: my best use of time in this arena is to try and parade her around for as long as I can, and then deposit her on either a hazard, or at a funny angle against the arena walls when she starts to squirm out of my grasp.

I don't want to be particularly aggressive this match, at least to start. I want to see what she's trying to do and then counter it - if she's angling in, back up at an angle and press to meet her wedge-to-wedge, or move straight back and then catch her from the side without having to press. if she's coming straight on, press to meet her (and watch for a last minute angle - which is quite unlikely to be effective since I'm still pressing lol). If she's also playing passive, then move out and be aggressive, focusing mostly on forcing head-ons while pressing.

if she gets under, spin off at an angle immediately - if needed I can sit & spin for a second or two to throw her off from being able to reengage immediately. if she flips early, she'll just catch the lifter and it shouldn't affect me too badly. if I do end up inverted, do the usual multiple ways to self-right myself while being able to drive inverted bullshit to prevent chain flips.

if I end up losing head to heads pretty often, get more aggressive. focus on angling in, and faking angling in to try and bait a counter-angle.

avoid hazards

GL

Shaba117
Team: Team Stealth Productions

Re: Cuddle Time! vs The Thieving Magpie

Post by Shaba117 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:33 pm

*CD will use the plate with armor bonus to the front as notified in Discord*

Again, this is possibly the least favorable arena in the tournament for The Thieving Magpie-no OOTA zones, no house robots, and the hazards would only do 2 damage to my opponent. But, let’s try to make the best of it, shall we?

Both bots are even in Speed/Traction, and I have +1 torque. I’m also flat 2WD, while Cuddle Time is hinged 4WD, which favors my wedging ability 70/30%.

Start out of my square and charge him directly, regardless of if he’s approaching lifter or wedge-first (I’d expect wedge-first). If I get under, great-flip him! Then, don’t let up-keep flipping until he can regain control, then back away and charge again. If I run out of gas, use my +1 torque to shove him around.

If he gets under, quickly reverse/J-hook off of his wedge/lifter, regroup, then charge again.

If I feel that this match is becoming a stalemate or an outright losing battle-draw CD over to the hazards and hope that they catch him and not me. Just try to keep him on his toes as much as possible, and catch any possible errors on his part with a flip or ram.

GL, Gabe!